he opens up to you (daryl)

I decided to sleep under the stars tonight, the warm summer nights gave me more of an excuse to lay under the stars and just stargaze, I liked being alone and just listening to the night, it helped me sleep sometimes. I bring my blankets with me, as I found a spot outside, it was perfect and quiet, so I guessed it would be okay. I pull the blanket over myself as I look up, just watching the night, the stars were so bright and for once, I just felt like this world was normal, that nothing bad was going on. "Damn it, y/n. The hell are you doin'?" I look up, seeing Daryl stood above me. "I'm sleeping here, dick. What do you want?" I roll my eyes as he shakes his head. "You're fuckin' stupid. You can't just sleep outside, it's dangerous and walkers are known to come through here. You should go." He snapped, I sat up, glaring. "Fuck you, you prick. I'll do what I want." I just look away from him, "I'm just tryin' to protect ya, y/n." He looked down, I bite my lip as he came and sat down beside me. "Why would you wanna do that?" I lie down again, "'cause I fuckin' like ya, bitch." He smirked, I just playfully hit him, as he just looked ahead. "You go to sleep, I'll watch." He laid down too, I just nod as I close my eyes gently.

"I wish you were mine." Daryl's voice was so clear, it felt like a dream, but it felt like he was speaking to me, even if my eyes were closed. Did he want me? "Sometimes I get so damn afraid.. 'cause I want ya, y/n. And I love ya, god knows I do." He sighed, I just try not to react. "You love Rick, I get it. He's a better man for ya. I just wanna protect ya, y'know how I get." He shrugged it off, I slowly open my eyes, as I lean up and I kiss him softly, he seemed surprised, but he did kiss back. I slowly pull myself away, he looked into my eyes. "What was that for?" He blushed. "I heard you." I whisper, as I grab onto his hand. "I love you too, Daryl." I wrap my arms around him, as he pulled me against his chest, we both fall asleep, under the stars, just as we should have.

Together.