reunited after the War (Negan)

The sanctuary fell. When I came back, it was gone. It was empty, no people left. It looked washed out, probably full of walkers, people that used to work here, for Negan. It felt empty, everyone that used to live here, gone. It just felt like death, like the end of something beautiful. This place was my home once upon a time, now it was just an abandoned space that walkers would roam forever. I look around, memories of the man I love came back to me, his smile, his stupid flirting that I loved so much. Negan never knew I fell for him, but in the end, I guess I did. After Rick's death, I never really felt like I fit in anywhere, so I ran. Negan was probably dead too, maybe even Daryl. I didn't even know anymore. I felt like everyone I ever loved died, especially Rick, he was the best part of me and now I felt empty. I turn around, when I saw a familiar face. A man. "Who's there?" I kept back, as I see Negan's face, he was alive after all this time. "Negan.." I whisper, he ran to me, as he picked me up in his arms. "Oh my god, y/n." He held me tightly, as I just breathe in his scent. It felt so good being in his arms, in the place that we used to call our home. "I'm so glad you're okay." I smile, as I look up into his eyes. "Are you okay? How did you get out?" He watched me, his hand in my hair. "I ran.. when Rick died on the bridge, I couldn't stay. I had to go." I watch him, he seemed surprised. "Rick's dead?" He frowned, I knew deep down he always liked Rick, despite the entire War. "You didn't know? He died on the bridge.. there was an explosion.. he didn't make it out." I bite my lip, as he took a deep breath. "So this is over?"

"The War is over. Rick's death kind of stopped everything, Daryl is stepping up as leader now, our communities are coming together again. It's a new world. It's.. it's the end of an era." I look back at the empty room, sighing gently. "The saviors are dead, Negan. Our legacy is over. It's done. Simon.. Dwight.. Eugene.. they're all gone." I look back at him again, but he looked guilty. "I killed Simon, y/n. He betrayed me. He was working with Dwight to try and kill me.. to overthrow me." He looked away, as I nodded. "I kind of knew that would happen.. you were a massive asshole." I smirked, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest. "The hell did you just call me?" He growled playfully, I laugh. "You were a little crazy, Negan. I mean- you lost it. A tiny bit." I giggle, he rolled his eyes. "I probably did, but I was a leader. I had to lead my people. I'm glad I'm not like that anymore." He kissed my cheek, "No, you're better. You're strong and I love you for it." I lean into him, as he smiled. "I love you too, doll. I'm glad I found you."

"I'd always find you, darl."