me and my broken heart (negan) p2

"Negan- how? What?" My mind was already racing, I hadn't seen the man for a long time and I didn't know what to think, I was completely stunned. "It's good to see a friendly face after all these years." He smirked, as I rolled my eyes. "What the hell do you want? How are you here?" I crossed my arms, as he leaned back, still watching me. "I think you know what I want." I scoffed, as I looked away. "If you want to form some alliance with me and go against Rick, you can't. He's dead." He looked shocked. "What? When?" He really had no idea. "A long time ago. He didn't stand a chance, Negan. He died on the fucking bridge. I couldn't save him- no one could. It was too late." I looked up at the sky, as it was beginning to rain. "I- I had no idea. I didn't know." He seemed sympathetic, but I didn't trust him, not anymore. "Rick wanted us to all be a family, Negan. He wanted to have peace, with you.. with all of the shit that happened with the saviours.. he wanted it to be over. To be happy." I look back at him, as he sighed. "I already knew that, darlin' but it was too far gone.. I couldn't forgive what I did. To all of you and especially after what I did to your friends." I nodded, "I forgive you, Negan. For everything you did. For murdering my best friends.. and for bringing us down. But it doesn't matter anymore because my family are gone, Daryl is gone, they're all gone. And it's my fault. I will blame myself for the rest of my life and that's on me, because I should of done better. For Rick's memory."

"You don't know that, y/n. They could still be out there- you have to find them. Let me help you." He looked so exhausted, but I didn't blame him, we all had it bad these days. "Daryl is gone. I haven't seen him for five years. And I miss him so much, he was my best friend and someone I- someone I loved a lot. And he knew that. But I can't go back, there's nothing left to save." I looked down, as I play with my hands. "We have to keep goin' or we will lose whatever shit we have left. Trust me." He held his hand out to me, as I glance up, confused. "Why are you helping me?" He sighed, "There's not enough time to argue anymore, sweetheart. We have to hold onto the people we have before time cuts it short and they're gone for good." I bite my lip, as I grab onto his hand. "Can you stay with me?" I watch his eyes, as he smiled. "I'm not goin' anywhere." I smile slightly, as I look around. "I don't even know where we are, I've been walking around for miles." We started to walk through, as he held my hand. "We can find somewhere to set up a camp, it'll be dark soon and I don't wanna risk you gettin' hurt." I felt nervous with him beside me, he was so attractive and it made me feel on edge, a man this sexy was being nice to me? It seemed impossible. "There should be somewhere, I mean.. these woods are pretty big, but there's tons of abandoned shacks, I used to always hunt with Daryl and he showed me." He looked across at me, as I spoke. It made me giddy, trust me.

Later that evening, we found a place to set up a camp and I was sat on the ground, drinking my final drop of water as I lean against the tree, I was so dizzy, probably dehydration and no food for days. "Y/n?" Negan sat beside me, as he noticed something was wrong. "I'm fine, I'll be fine." I whisper, as I try my best to keep my eyes open. "Baby, you ain't fine. You need to drink." He went into his bag, as he helped me drink some water he had, he wrapped his arm around my back as I lean into him, he made me feel so secure and I hadn't had that for such a long time. "Thank you." I look across at him, he was so close to me, I felt his breath against my face, but I couldn't. I knew this was wrong. "I'm not goin' anywhere, trust me." He smiled a bit, as he looked away, I sighed. "I should try and sleep, it's going to get late." I lie down on my side, as he put his jacket over me, looking around as I just close my eyes, I felt weird being asleep on the grass, but this was life. It had been for years, I didn't remember what normal was anymore. A while later, I woke up and look around, a little out of it. "Y/n." I heard a voice whisper my name, as I frown, confused. Negan was sound asleep, not too far away from me. "Y/n, follow my voice." I wasn't sure what was going on. "Rick?" It couldn't be. He was dead. He was gone and I had accepted it all this time ago. I stand up, as I walk towards the sound, when I froze up.

"Rick?" I didn't know what to think, my mind was racing. "Did you miss me?" He grinned, but I felt so dizzy, like I was dreaming. "You're dead, Rick. You're not here." He cupped my cheek, as he watched my eyes. "You're right, baby. I am dead, it's been six years now.. but listen, you're not alone anymore. I'll always be here with you.. I'll keep an eye. You know what I'm like." He chuckled, as I kiss his cheek. "Goodbye, Rick. I'll always remember you, forever." He kissed my forehead. "Forever." Just like that, he was gone. I turn around, as I watch Negan sleep, he was so peaceful. I kiss his cheek softly, as I ran my hand through his hair, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you that I loved you all those years ago, Negan. I was such an idiot, but I do. I love you and I'll love you forever. I swear I will." I told him, as he slowly opened his eyes, "Do you mean it?" He whispered, as I smile. "Forever and a day I'll love you."

"Sounds like forever is enough for us."

"Maybe it will be, just this once."

(The end😌)