You go against orders and run away (Rick)

Rick had warned me to stay behind, he told me that it wasn't safe. Negan had Carl and Daryl, it was going to be Hell. I knew it was a bad idea to go against him, Rick told me to stay put and keep the others safe, he knew that I wasn't going to be okay if I went with them, so he ordered me to stay behind and keep our people protected, or what was left of them anyway. I shouldn't of left my people, I was being so reckless, but I didn't care, I just wanted to keep everyone safe, I wanted to be that person.

When I got caught out, Rick was absolutely furious. "What the fuck are you doing here? I told you to stay back." He growled angrily, he grabbed my arm and he shoved me against a tree, so hard that I scraped all up my arms and they were bleeding, but I hadn't even felt it, I was in shock from how rough he was being. "I just wanted to help." The pain hit me, and I just felt tears hit my eyes as he pulled me close to his chest, "Fuck. I'm sorry, darlin'." He ran his hand over my hair and he just tightly held me, as the others had already left. I loved Rick and I knew he would never intentionally hurt me, it was just an accident.

"I can't lose you too." He whispered, as he kissed my forehead, he ran his hands through my hair and he just rubbed my back, as he looked down at me. "Don't cry, babe. I hate seeing you upset." He wipes my tears and he sighed deeply. "I just wanted to do something good." I take a deep breath and he looked down, frowning. "You do, y/n. You've always been good to me. And to us. We love you." He bites his lip and he just watched me. Love. We love you. Not 'I' it was 'we'. Absolutely bullshit. Yeah, Rick was like, 40 odd, I was in my 20's and I was too young for him, but I still wanted him regardless. I wanted everything with him.

"I just think it's best if I go." I whisper and he looked at me. "Be careful. You go straight back to Alexandria and you keep our people safe. I'll be back." He kissed my temple as he let go of me, and he ran off into the woods. I felt the tears again, because I wasn't going back. I was just going to slip away, never to be seen again. I would leave Rick, leave them all. I would never go back there and Rick would be left wondering why, why I left them, I would be the one that got away and I would be a mystery forever.

I took a deep breath, I turn around and I just disappeared into the woods, never to be seen again. Maybe it would be a mystery. I didn't know it myself, but who knew.

-Four years later-

I had been alone since I left Rick for the final time, I had tracked and fought my way back, trying to find somewhere I could call home, but I had been on the road for so long and I didn't really know where I was going. I heard men talking in the distance, so I hid behind a tree in a panic. "I'm telling you, Rick. She's dead." I heard Daryl's voice, but I stay silent. "She isn't dead, Daryl. She can't be. She could of been kidnapped or some shit. Anything could of happened, but I know she isn't." Rick Grimes. The voice of reason. He sounded so fed up.

I just took a breath as I suddenly just turned towards them both, they looked absolutely stunned. "Holy fuck." Daryl couldn't believe it, that I was alive and stood in front of them. "Fucking hell, y/n." Rick was pissed, I could see it on his face. "I'm not dead. So, yeah." I shrug and I look around, Rick pushed me against his chest, hugging me tightly as we just held each other, Daryl just left us alone so we could talk, I assumed.

"Why the fuck did you leave?" He growled and he watched me, his hands gripping my waist. "You knew I left. You didn't come looking." I look into his eyes. "Four years. Four fucking years and you didn't even come." I watch him, just frowning. "I didn't know where you were. You left me. You left us. I was so angry." He looked at me, "I love you, y/n. I still do. You were my world and I was a mess without you."

I grab his face, kissing him deeply as he pushed me against a tree, and we made out heavily, I grip his back as he pulled back a little. "I'm going to make sure you're screaming for me tonight." He whispered, as he pushed me back into his chest and we just hugged once more.

This would be a very heavy night.