confetti (daryl dixon)

"Why are you being so boring?" Spencer, my current boyfriend was always nagging at me to have sex with him, but he had no game. At all. I literally had to either be drunk or heavily sedated to even want to do anything with him, he made me uncomfortable and I couldn't stand him anymore, he made my skin crawl. "Boring? Oh, I'm sorry Spencer, but you're the one begging me for a fuck!" I rolled my eyes as I storm out of the house, "Get back here, bitch!" I laughed, as I put up my middle fingers. "Suck a dick, spence." I turn, as I went to go and find my two best friends, Rick and Daryl. "Hey, kiddo." Rick ran a hand over my hair, messing it up, as I rolled my eyes again, "Grimes." I felt safe around Rick, I knew nothing bad would happen to me. "What's that look for?" He grinned, "I need to talk to you." He frowned, "Can we talk later? I'm super busy right now, Daryl should be around too." I nodded, "Forget about it." Rick stopped, "Kid, c'mon. Don't be like that." He looked over at me, "Come back to me when your balls grow back, Rick." I turn and I walk away, he grabbed my arm. "Don't be like that, y/n. Being a brat doesn't suit you." He smirked, as I shake my head. "If you want to dismiss my shit, Rick. Just do it. But don't expect a reaction." I pull my arm back, "Y/n, I told you. We will talk later." He could tell something was wrong. "I don't want to talk later." I see Spencer watching me in the distance, he looked mad. Rick turned, "It's Spencer, isn't it? Is he hurting you? Tell me."

"No. No, Rick. No. It isn't that." I sighed, as I looked into the distance. "Tell me what he did, y/n. I'll beat his ass." I laughed, as I look at him. "I'm so glad I have you, Rick. I mean that." He smiled a bit, "You know it, Kid." I pull him into a hug, he leaned into my shoulder. "Go and speak to Daryl. He's been worried about you." He told me, I nodded. "I'll talk to you later." I kiss his cheek, before I head off to the woods, knowing Daryl would be hunting somewhere. "What the fuck was that?" I turn, as Spencer grabbed my arm, I flinched. "What in gods name are you doing?" I pull myself back, "You're flirting with Rick! I saw you!" He frowned, "Fuck you, Spencer. You know we're friends. It sounds like a personal problem to me." He slapped me, as I feel the sting on my face, Daryl comes from nowhere and shoved him to the ground. "You ever touch her again, I'll fucking kill you." He punched him in the face, there was blood everywhere. I didn't even stop him, he did deserve it. Spencer eventually got up, running away as I looked at Daryl. "Are you okay?" I asked him, "Me? Y/n, he hit you. Why the fuck are you with him?" He wiped the blood from his hands. "I don't know how to end it. I'm scared." He pulled me into him, as I watch his eyes, a little confused what was going on. "He won't be bothering you anymore, I promise." He pulled me into a hug, as I lean into his shoulder, I didn't want him to let me go.

He was my safety net.