stuck on you (Daryl)

It was safe to say that me and Daryl, we had a very complicated relationship. One minute, he was all happy, constantly on my tail, watching me, flirting, just his usual, awkward self, and then he would get all angry and overprotective, and I couldn't catch a break. He confused me beyond compare, I never really knew what he wanted, it left me in a spin and I didn't know how I was meant to be around him anymore.

Me and this guy from Alexandria, Spencer, we had been talking, just chatting, he was a friend and that was all I ever saw of it, it was a friendship because I didn't really have any friends of my own and it was nice to chat to someone who wasn't in my group. Spencer and I were laughing, just at some stupid joke he made up, and he put his hand on my shoulder, I didn't think much of it, he was just a good friend to me and that was all. "Hey!" I heard, a pissy Daryl shout across. I turn around, and he crossed his arms. "Back up wise guy." Daryl snapped at him, my eyes widen and I look down, not sure what to say.

"Dude, relax. She's just a friend." Spencer shrugged and I look at Daryl. I knew what he was like and I knew he cared about me. I understood that. "And I said, don't god damn touch her again." He shoved his hand off me and he grabbed my arm, pulling me away. "What the fuck, Daryl?" I glare at him, he shook his head. "Stay away from him, y/n. He's just trying to get in your pants." He took me back towards the house and I stop him. "What is your problem? Do you have feelings for me or something?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Don't be so immature, y/n. The guy's bad news and yeah, maybe I do. Maybe I'm sick of seeing you so sad and let down by these so called 'men', when I'm a real man and I can do that." He looked at me, and I just look at him in shock, not sure how to respond. "You like me?" My eyes widen, I was kind of relieved. "I like you too. Maybe, a lot." I bite my lip and he looked down, shrugging. I gently kiss his cheek, and he just gave me a smile, and I pull him into a hug, and he hugged me back, tightly and it felt good, he was the only man I had ever loved and he made me very happy.

"Thank you for telling me." I whisper, as I pull away gently, "Maybe.. dunno.. we can do somethin' like.. a date. Somethin'." He shrugged, he was so bad at this, bless his heart. "Sure. I can date you." I smirked, and he blushed, I giggle and I head inside my house, just glad that we could be open about how we felt, and it was all I had ever needed.