Chapter 122 Final Trial

"So Nacht, how exactly are you gonna make us into the ultimate warriors that you speak of?"

Kyoya, Asta, and Nacht were heading back to the Black Bulls hideout. When Kyoya asked Nacht this question, the vice captain smiled as he looked forward.

"I already have an idea in mind for Asta, but as for you, i'm sure you already know a place where you could go to seek answers and to learn about your powers."

"Though i'd prefer if you weren't involved in the mission considering the Dark Triad is also after you, but we need your magic."

As Nacht said this, Kyoya began to think to himself. A place where he went to whenever he needed answers and found out more about his magic. There was only one place he could think of. Only one person he could turn to.

"I see.....then Nacht, take care of Asta!"

After saying that, Kyoya quickly ran off. Just as Asta was about to chase after Kyoya, Nacht stopped the boy from doing so as he shook his head.

"Let him go Asta, this is his choice. Besides, I feel he may achieve more results from the person he seeks instead of me. Looks like I may have underestimated him."

~With Kyoya~
"That's right, she's always had her eye on me as well. That's why she made dad hold my inheritance until I defeated him. It was also thanks to her I learned of the Children of Sin. Not to mention, most of the knowledge I gathered came from her."

As Kyoya ran, he finally found the place he was looking for. The moment he stood in front of the entrance, he had a serious look upon his face as he stared at the place he was looking for.

"The Sanctuary......."

Kyoya began to walk inside of the sanctuary

Kyoya began to walk inside of the sanctuary. As he did, he slowly felt as if he was going to pass out at any second. However, this time he wasn't afraid or desperate. No, his mind was completely clear on why he needed to be here. As he was struggling to stay awake, he heard a woman's voice in his head.

"So it would seem you've come on your own accord. So then.........why are you here?"

"You already know the answer to that, don't you Echidna. So screw the formalities."

"Hehe. You know me so well. In that case, let's see if you're still worth the effort of having a tea party again. Your final trial....begins now."

Soon Kyoya's body fell onto the floor inside of the temple. It didn't move around, as if he was in a state of sleep. As Kyoya was undergoing his trial, Echidna smiled as she drunk her tea.

"You've always surprised me Kyoya Fullbuster. The trials, the knowledge I give unto you, even your Devil Slayer Magic. I suppose giving all those things was my own way of showing my love. I want to know if the magic breaks you or if you conqueror it. I am the Witch of Greed after all. I wish to know everything, that includes the enigma known as Kyoya Fullbuster."