Chapter 75 Paying Respects

~One Day Later~
A day has passed since the Royal Knights Exam. Kyoya was fast asleep inside of his room at the Black Bulls Hideout. His eyes began to slowly open. When he looked around, he saw that he was in his room.

"I guess I was more exhausted than I thought. But that was all real. My team won, we actually won. But.....in the end, I still couldn't beat Yuno by myself. I guess his Spirit Magic got the better of me. I need to get stronger, no matter what."

As Kyoya got out of his bed, he walked out of his room as he was thinking to himself. There was still one thing he needed to do. However, this moment of silence was soon broken as he heard Magna.

"Kyoya!!!! You're finally awake, ya ice bastard!!!"

"What the hell Magna?! What's this all about?!"

"Isn't it obvious, it's about your victory in the Royal Knights Exam! To think you were such a badass. You went toe to toe against the Golden Dawn's ace rookie who has Spirit Magic. That alone already speaks volumes about what you can do."

Kyoya merely sighed as he shook his head. Though a small smile was on his face. As he and Magna went to go meet up with the others, they saw them staring at Asta. When Magna and Kyoya looked at him, it looked like he lost his soul or something.

"I guess he's sad about what happened during the exam."

"Yeah, seeing his childhood friend being so much stronger and then he got eliminated before he could fight him must have been a major blow for him."

Kyoya nods his head in agreement. He couldn't think of what to say to Asta. Since he won the match against Yuno, he wasn't so sure he was the best person to try to cheer him up. However, he had something else to do today.

"Magna, i'll leave cheering him up to you and the others. I actually have somewhere important to go to."

Soon Kyoya ran out the hideout before Magna could respond. Kyoya hopped on his broom and flew off somewhere. As Magna saw Kyoya leave, he just talked to himself.

"Damn...I wonder what this important thing he has to do really is."

~At Nean~
Sister Theresa was standing in the center of the city. While she stood there, she was waiting on someone. Soon a smile appeared on her face as she saw the magic knight she was waiting for.

"Kyoya Fullbuster, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, Sister Theresa. Can I see her please?"

"Of course you can. I'm sure Wendy will be happy that you visited."

During the week after the first announcement of the Royal Knights Exam, Kyoya told Theresa about what happened to Wendy. Of course she cried after hearing about the girl's death, she was basically like a daughter to her. But she already knew she was short on time to begin with. The only good thing she had to say was that Wendy lived with no regrets.

As Kyoya and Theresa were walking, they soon found themselves in a cemetery. They stood before one single grave. The name on the tombstone was Wendy Marvell. As Kyoya turned towards Sister Theresa, she nods her head in understanding as she went back to the church, leaving Kyoya by himself.

"Hey Wendy. I got a lot to tell you. I went to a hot spring, but I had to climb a dangerous volcano to get to it. Not only that, I was kidnapped there by Captain Fuegoleon's sister, Mereoleona. It was fun, except for when I got drunk."

Kyoya just stood in front of the grave, talking about everything that happened after the attack on Sun Village. When he reached the end of his tale, a look of sadness was on his face.

"Wendy......i'm going to be facing against the people who robbed you of a future. I'll make them pay for what they did! But, allow me to be honest. Wendy.........its so lonely without you here."

"Kyoya....it's okay if you want to cry. It's okay if you want to scream. It's okay if you want someone to help you. It's okay to feel weakness. It's because of all these things that we're considered human and get to grow as people."

As Kyoya remembered Wendy's words, tears began to ran down his face. When he stood up, he began to walk away from the grave. While doing so, he made a promise to himself.

"Wendy....i'll avenge you. I'll open my heart up to people just like you asked. But in exchange, watch over me. If I know that you're by my side, even in death, that alone will keep me going."

With those last thoughts, Kyoya got on his broom and was heading back to the Black Bulls Hideout. When he arrived, he felt a sudden urge to run away. He just assumed it was due to his emotional state earlier and opened the door. He soon began to regret not running away when he had the chance.

"So you've finally appeared. You sure took your time getting back here."

"Sisgoleon?!?!"

As soon as Kyoya said this, he felt a paw made of fire grab onto his head. While this happened, he saw that Noelle, Luck, and Asta were in the same situation. While this happened, Magna was laughing his butt off.

"Oh my god, is this an execution?! I don't wanna die!!!!!!"

"Hahahahah! If it's only you four then you must have done something rotten. You all deserve this, especially you Luck!"

Mereoleona stopped in her tracks as she turned her head. She had a few moments to spare and she decided to tell why she's taking the four of them away.

"These are the squad members that passed the Royal Knights Exam."

Everyone was shocked by what she said. When Kyoya heard this, he didn't really know what to say. Though Mereoleona was curious about something. She was sure that one more member of the Black Bulls also passed but he wasn't here. Soon she took the four of them to the meeting place of the Royal Knights. As this happened, Kyoya had a weird feeling consuming him.

~Meanwhile~
Echidna was in the Sanctuary as she was in the grassy plains again. When she sipped her tea, she heard the sound of footsteps coming closer to her. As she puts down the tea, she looked to the side.

"So the final child of sin can finally play his role. To think that you, the Child of Gluttony, would willingly take part in the Child of Greed's second trial."

"Of course I will. After all, it's not just the Eye of the Midnight Sun he has to face in the future. Besides, it's not like I can just stand by and be bored to death."

"I guess that makes sense. After all, Megicula is also like that. Though I suppose Kyoya wouldn't be cursed if you somehow stayed alive. After all, you're both HIS descendants. But talk is cheap, i'll let you decide when you want Kyoya to undergo his second trial and to inherit his true magic. I'm counting on you, Silver Fullbuster."