Chapter 61 His Origin Part 3

"Flame Magic: Calidus Brachium!!!!!

Mereoleona surrounds her fist in a fiery aura and punches at Kurono to engulf him in flames

Mereoleona surrounds her fist in a fiery aura and punches at Kurono to engulf him in flames. But she was surprised when she Kurono swat away her fist as he swung his right fist at her. As she jumped back, she was surprised when she felt blood dripping on her face.

"Smoke Magic:Right Hand Eclipse."

Just as Mereoleona jumped back from his fist, Kurono emitted a black smoke from it

Just as Mereoleona jumped back from his fist, Kurono emitted a black smoke from it. As his fist was already close to Mereoleona's face, he solidified the smoke so it would create a strong impact on her even when his fist didn't touch her.

"I usually don't like fighting strong people. But the more I weaken you, the more I get into this fight."

Soon Kurono reached his left hand into the smoke. As Mereoleona looked, she saw Kurono throw some knives at her. As she stepped to the sides, the knives exploded into smoke. Kurono quickly lunged forward. Mereoleona dodged a punch from him, but Kurono quickly pulled his hand back and a cut was seen on her cheek.

"He used the knives and his punch as a distraction. When I dodged, he solidified his smoke into a blade and cut me. This guy definitely isn't someone to underestimate."

A smirk was being formed on Mereoleona's face. It's been a while since she faced an opponent strong enough to give her trouble. As this happened, Kurono began to wonder about something.

"The Witch of Greed must be looking at Kyoya's memories. Not only that, she's made it so he's reliving that past again. Looks like he's actually undergoing his first trial. I wonder how weak he's looking right now."

As Kurono said this, Kyoya's unconscious body was seen inside the sanctuary. While it didn't move, tears could be seen dripping down from his face as his hand was on his chest.

~Flashback~
It's been around three years since Kyoya entered this facility. To be honest, he was starting to forget what the outside looked like. As he was coughing up blood while walking to his room, he fell onto the floor.