Chapter 86 The Truth Behind Silver

"Long ago, I died trying to protect my home, my family. But in the end, I was killed by the Dark Triad. If that wasn't enough, Vanica and her devil Megicula cursed me. I was brought back to life and used as a puppet to do her bidding."

Silver soon began to tell Kyoya the truth. There was no point in trying to hide the fact. He of all people needed to know the truth. Silver was the loser and he accepted that fact. Actually, it was more accurate to say he wanted that outcome.

"You really are my dad.....so why? Why didn't you try to find me? Do you have any idea what happened?! The same woman who cursed you got her hands on me!!!! Even now I still have to live with what she did to me!!! I lost my best friend!!!!! I lost my teacher!!!! Where were you when I needed you most?!"

"You have every right to be mad at me. But just as you thought I was dead, it was the same on my end. When I began to kill many enemies of the current Spade Kingdom, I asked Vanica if you were alive. Yet I never had an answer. Slowly as the years flew by, I thought you were truly dead. Over that time......when I was out on a mission, I fell into a place known as the Sanctuary...and I met the person who gave me hope."

~Flashback~
As Silver looked around, he saw that he was in a grassy field. Not only that, he sensed someone's presence nearby. As he looked ahead, he saw a woman sitting at a table all by herself.

"Silver Fullbuster.....it's nice to meet you. My name is Echidna, though most know me as the Witch of Greed. I'm sure you've heard the rumors right, about my vast amount of knowledge. So then, did you come here seeking something from me?"

"No, i've only stumbled upon this place by mere coincidence. My one wish....I just wanted to protect everyone and I paid for that unrealistic dream with my life. I don't want any money or power and I have no real desire, so please let m-"

"I disagree. You want to bring back someone you lost. You might want money. You might want a lover. Or you might want the power to protect people. These are all common things people want. Things that their hearts desire. Greed may not be so good, but it's not bad either. You humans think greed is all about money and power, but deep down everyone wants something they don't have."

Silver listened to Echidna's words. She was right, he couldn't deny it. As she looked at Silver, Echidna began to question the man one more time out of her own curiosity.

"What desire do you have, Silver Fullbuster? If you want, I can nullify the part of your curse that has you act on Vanica's command. Or maybe you simply wish to die? Or do you want your precious wife who died to be brought back to you?"

"...there is only one thing I want. Echidna, Witch of Greed, I ask of you.....is my son, Kyoya Fullbuster, still alive?"

"..............yes, your son is still alive. He's actually one of the few individuals known as a Child of Sin, who has made contact with m-"

Before Echidna could finish her sentence, she saw Silver getting on his knees and holding her hand. As she looked at him, she saw that the man had tears in his eyes as he repeated one thing.

"Thank you.....thank you.....thank you so much. I am truly grateful...thank you."

".....your son has a battle in his near future. One where he needs his true strength. If you want, I have a request. Become the last Child of Sin, the Child of Gluttony. If you do so, I will give Kyoya's inheritance to you and you can wield it until he defeats you and make it his own. It's close Silver, your revenge against the Dark Triad is in his hands."

~Flashback ends~
"After I accepted her terms, I was no longer bound to Vanica. But how many years I could keep moving depended on me. I moved for so many years, for the sake of getting revenge on the bastards who took my family from me."

The Spade Amongst CloversOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara