Chapter 97 Investigation

"Sorry brat, but it looks like we can't go to the Heart Kingdom."

Yami was standing in front of Noelle, Asta, and Kyoya as he told them the situation. Apparently the Heart Kingdom couldn't be entered. The border has a great quantity of trap magic surrounding it. If Asta used his anti-magic sword, they'd sense the traps disappearing and everyone responsible would be wanted criminals. 

"Dammit, so we can't go to the Heart Kingdom. But i'm positive that there is a clue there."

"I agree with Kyoya. There is definitely a clue to our investigation there. But there has to be a way to get there because I heard Mimosa say she's been there before."

Asta and Kyoya were surprised by this news. Apparently Mimosa went there because there was a student exchange program between the Clover Kingdom's nobility and the Heart Kingdom's. After hearing this, Yami told Finral to take Asta, Kyoya, and Noelle to the Golden Dawn's hideout.

"Okay. Alright everyone, let's go!"

As Noelle and Asta nod their heads, Kyoya was silent as he placed a hand on his chest. He wish he could tell them that he was also cursed by a devil, but he if he did he would suffer the consequences. As Finral opened a portal to the Golden Dawn's Headquarters, he was thinking to himself.

"The Heart Kingdom.....Echidna made it obvious that I should go there. If there is someone like myself there, then I need to meet them."

~Golden Dawn Hideout~

A spatial magic portal opened up in front of the Golden Dawn's base

A spatial magic portal opened up in front of the Golden Dawn's base. As Asta, Noelle, Kyoya, and Finral walk out of the portal, they went inside of the hideout. When they walked inside, Finral quickly looked towards the group.

"Sorry, but we'll have to split up for now. I want to check on my brother Langris. After everything that's happened with the elves, I just want to make sure he is alright."

"Sure, go ahead and do what you need to do."

As Kyoya said this, Finral nods his head as he ran forward to look for Langris. Seeing this, Kyoya and his two juniors walk around in search of Mimosa. After asking around, they finally found Mimosa in her room.

"Asta!!!! Noelle and Kyoya are here too. Why are you here?"

"We need your help Mimosa. Did you ever go to the Heart Kingdom before? We need to know because it seems there is some activity involving a devil there."

"Yes, it's true that i've been to the Heart Kingdom. I was fourteen at the time as my brother and I were sent there as exchange students, though we were only allowed in a limited area. Not to mention, I heard that the Queen who rules over the Heart Kingdom is every bit as strong as our magic knight squads. She's said to be an all knowing mage who knows everything about her kingdom."

Kyoya was listening to Mimosa's words. The Queen of the Heart Kingdom, could she be someone cursed by Megicula just like him. There was only one way to know, but how can he get there. Soon he heard Mimosa say something that caught his interest.