Chapter 19 Do I Deserve This

~Dream~
"Kyoya, what are you doing out here?!"

Ur walked outside her home and found her student training alone in the snow. When he turned towards her, he had a look of irritation on his face.

"Dang it, I almost had it. Why did you have to interrupt me when I was so close?!"

Ur sighed as she grabbed the little troublemaker by his hand and brought him back inside her house

Ur sighed as she grabbed the little troublemaker by his hand and brought him back inside her house. It's been around a month since she took the boy under her wing. He was slowly making progress, but he was a hard worker.

"Kyoya, what have I told you about late-night training? It's too dangerous out there to go by yourself. Especially since you're barely wielding your magic properly."

"I know that! But still, i need to get much stronger. I have to do it. I need the power to bring her down."

Ur looked at Kyoya in concern. She could tell that dark thoughts were entering the young boy's mind. Soon she smiled as she pats his head. She decided to take the boy to the Clover Kingdom the next. As this happened, Kyoya had a look of curiosity on his face.

"Why are we going there?"

"Because that's where your biggest and most important lesson will be."

Ur got her broom and Kyoya held onto her waist as they started flying in the air. As they were entering the kingdom, a smile was starting to appear on Kyoya's face as they landed in Kikka. When she saw the boy's smile, Ur began to smile herself.

 When she saw the boy's smile, Ur began to smile herself

"This lesson is for the both of us Kyoya. This lesson will teach us both on how to live. When you find people worth fighting for, when you find people who you want to protect, just think of coming to this place with them. Think of the smiles that you'll all share. When you do this, you'll find the strength to keep on living."

~Meanwhile~
As Mars was defeated and on the ground, the dungeon was beginning to collapse. Mimosa was trying to heal Asta and Kyoya the best that she can, considering how she was low on magic power. Yuno made a giant gust of wind as he carried both magic knight squads out of the treasure room.

As Yuno was flying the group out of the dungeon, Luck was guiding him to the exit. While this was happening, debris was falling down faster and faster. When this happened, Noelle and Klaus quickly used their magic to destroy any rubble that came near them. As this happened, everyone thought the same thing.

"We'll survive and escape this dungeon together!!!!!!"

~Kyoya's dream~
"Ur.......why did you save me?"

Ur looked at her student in confusion when he asked that question. To be honest, Kyoya always thought about why she saved him in the first place. It's not like he had anything to give in return. So he always kept asking himself why he was saved.

"Why did I save you? Answer my question Kyoya. Did you want to be saved?"

As Kyoya tried to answer that, Ur wasn't prepared for what happened next. Silence, Kyoya didn't answer her question at all. To be honest, he began to wonder. Did he really want to be saved?

"I.....I......"

Suddenly Ur hugged Kyoya close to him. As she did, she told him that he didn't need to answer. For both his sake and her own. As this happened, Ur said one thing.

"Kyoya, i don't have a reason for why I saved you. I did it because it was the right thing to do, at least in my opinion. You can hate me if you want to, but know this. I'll always be on your side no matter what."

"Then......when i'm finally able to wield my magic like you, when I become a powerful mage, will you still want me around?"

Ur shook her head. She knew that she would have to let him go at some point. He can't learn about the world if he's always stuck in that small house of her's that is always buried in snow. However, she smiled when she looked at the boy's face.

"Tell you what, when you reach that goal let's both try to find a way to live. A way that we can both be proud of. And if we meet again, we'll come back to this place and share a laugh. How does that sound?"

Kyoya smiled when he heard this. As he grabbed his teacher's hand they both walked back to her home with a smile on their faces. When they arrived, Kyoya said one thing.

"At first I only saw Ur as a teacher or someone who was just using me. But after today....for just one moment....she felt more like a mother than a teacher to me."

~Dream ends~
Kyoya slowly opened up his eyes. When he was finally awake, he got up and looked around. When he did, both him and Asta were looking at the group.

"Everyone.........."

"Not gonna lie, I thought you were both gonna die before we had a fight."

Luck quickly joked as he saw his two squad mates. As Asta and Kyoya both got up, Yuno walked towards them. As this happened, Kyoya smirked.

"I didn't die in that fight like I promised."

"Heh, good to see you two didn't kick the bucket."

As this happened, Klaus walked towards the trio of commoners. The three boys were confused on why this was happening. Soon Klaus finally spoke up to them.

"You three... I have something to say. I'm so very sorry!!!!"

Soon Klaus hugged them all as he apologized to them. To be honest, none of them were expecting this kind of reaction from him.

"I looked down on you all because you were commoners and for that, I am ashamed. You're exemplary magic knights and the order is lucky to have you."

All three boys had a look of shock on their faces. Soon Yuno, Asta, and Kyoya finally spoke up to the glasses wearing noble.

"Sir.....you're hugging a bit too tightly."

"Yeah, this kind of hurts Mr.Four-Eyes."

"Seriously, i'm gonna puke if you don't let me go."

Soon Asta and Kyoya were coughing up blood. As this happened, Klaus let all of them go. After he finally stopped coughing blood, Kyoya looked at everyone and saw the smiles on their faces. For some reason, he couldn't stop himself from smiling along with them. He didn't understand why he was smiling, yet he didn't want this feeling to end.

"Do I deserve this? Do I deserve to have amazing comrades? Do I deserve to be by their side? But most importantly.....do I deserve....to be this happy around them?"

After a long battle with powerful opponents, the Golden Dawn and the Black Bulls have escaped the dungeon. For the first time in years, Kyoya was finally able to smile around others. After so much time has passed, Kyoya is starting to learn how it feels to live.