Chapter 35 Day at the Beach

Soon the Black Bulls were flying in the sky on their brooms, while Asta and Noelle rode on Magna's broom. They were heading for the seaside village known as Raque.

As they were flying through the sky, Kyoya was thinking about building a sand castle. When he looked ahead, he saw the bright blue ocean. To be honest, the sight was really beautiful to him.

"So this is Raque......it's so awesome!!!!!!!"

As the Black Bulls arrived and went to their lodge

As the Black Bulls arrived and went to their lodge. They got ready to go to the beach. As everyone left, Kyoya was following them closely as he was in his swimming trunks.

"This is the first time i've been to a beach. I might as well enjoy it."

Soon Kyoya started walking around the beach

Soon Kyoya started walking around the beach. When he did, he saw the rest of his squad doing their own thing. Finral was trying to pick up girls, Asta was splashing in the water, and Noelle was trying to get Asta's attention.

"...........I hate crowds."

Soon Kyoya turned around as he was just going to have fun by himself. Soon he started to build a sand castle as the others were having fun. However, he heard someone's footsteps approaching him.

"Kyoya....."

"I recognize that voice. How's it going Juvia?"

As Kyoya turned around, he didn't have any other words to say when he looked at Juvia. When Juvia caught Kyoya staring, she began to get a bit nervous.

"Don't talk about her thighs

"Don't talk about her thighs. Don't talk about her thighs. Don't talk about her thighs. For the love of god, do NOT mention her thighs!!!!!!!"

"So what are you doing here, Kyoya?"

"I got something important to do. I can't really go into details."

Juvia nods her head in understanding. As for her, the Blue Rose knights just got their wages so the captain gave them a day off. She told Kyoya that she's visited Raque multiple times. As they walk together, Kyoya noticed Juvia holding his hand.

"Well....even I need a break from work. Guess i'll enjoy myself."

Soon Kyoya and Juvia got in the water together. While Kyoya was busy swimming, Juvia was splashing water on him whenever she got the chance. However, while this happened, Finral saw this and was simply muttering to himself.

"Lucky bastard....."

Soon Kyoya and Juvia were back on the beach. As they walk around to find a place to sit, Juvia noticed something when she looked at Kyoya. There was a large smile on his face. After seeing it, she couldn't help but smile herself.

"It's nice to see you let loose, Kyoya."

"Even I need to have fun. Otherwise, i'd just be a tired corporate slave."

Soon both of them shared a laugh. Kyoya didn't know why, but he felt really relaxed around Juvia despite how rarely he sees her. However, he had a job to do so he can't exactly goof off all day.

"Hey Juvia, you say you come to Raque a lot right? Well is it true that there's a magic region here?"

"That's correct. Though it's almost impossible to reach due to the extremely strong mana currents. The only time a person has a chance of getting through is during the night of a full moon, when the mana gets weaker."

Kyoya nods his head as he thanks Juvia for the information. Soon Juvia stood up as she looked at Kyoya with a smile on his face.

"Well, I have to go. I got a call from my Captain earlier so i'm heading back to headquarters. Anyways......good luck on whatever you need to do."

"Heh. Thanks Juvia, you were a great help. Plus hanging out with you isn't so bad. Let's do this more often."

As soon as he said that, Juvia's face turned completely red. Instead of saying anything, she furiously nods her head before running off somewhere.

"That girl gets weirder and weirder."

As Kyoya smiled, he walked back to where his squad was. When he got back, he saw them all buried in sand as Yami was standing in front of them.

"Where the hell have you been, Ice Stripper? Were you goofing off too?"

"Actually I got info on the Underwater Temple."

"THEY ACTUALLY DID THEIR JOB?!"

As the rest of the Black Bulls were surprised by Yami and Kyoya working, Kyoya told Yami what he learned. Coincidentally, that was the same info that Yami gathered.

"Well it's obvious that we're gonna have trouble getting to the Underwater Temple. That's why whether or not we make it there, depends on you."

As Yami said this he pointed towards Noelle. She couldn't believe that her captain was trusting her to get the squad to the temple, considering she can't control her magic properly.

"Captain Yami, you should fine someone else. If I mess up-"

"Then we're done for. The mana current will sweep us up and we'll drown. This is a secret mission entrusted to the Black Bulls. No one else can do it. So you do it, Noelle. The next full moon is a week from now. Learn to control your magic by then. Surpass your limits."

~Nighttime~
Kyoya was seen inside of his room at the lodge that the Black Bulls were staying at. To be honest, he was having a rough time to sleep. So he decided to take a small walk on the beach.

As Kyoya was walking on the beach, he was thinking about his recent nightmares. He really doesn't like to think about his time in the Spade Kingdom.

While he was lost in his thoughts, Kyoya heard something from a distance. As he focused on the noise, he noticed that it was the sound of someone singing.

Soon Kyoya went in the direction of where he heard this song. As he walked across the beach, he saw Asta and Noelle standing in front of a rock as they were also drawn in by the song. As they looked on top of the rock, the finally found the source of that song.

 As they looked on top of the rock, the finally found the source of that song