Chapter 8 Nightmare

~One week later~
Asta and Noelle were giving Yami a report on their first mission. As this happened, Kyoya was nowhere to be seen. Noticing this, Asta decided to ask his captain about this.

"Hey, Captain Yami. Where's Kyoya? I haven't seen him around lately. Did something happen to him?"

"He's probably still in his room trying to sleep. He's been having a tough time to sleep even when he first joined."

~With Kyoya~
Kyoya was alone in his room as he was thinking to himself since he failed to get some sleep. Mukuro said the reason he was at Sosshi Village was because of a rumor involving someone known as the Witch of Greed. Not only that, when he met Mukuro he felt a strange connection with him.

"Is it possible i met this Witch of Greed without knowing it? Why is she so important?"

Kyoya couldn't continue his thought as the door to his room was suddenly smashed to pieces. When the dust cleared, he saw Yami glaring at him.

"You've got some balls making me wait on you, brat. Do you wanna die?"

"No, Captain Yami!!!!!"

With everything that happened during his mission, Kyoya can be sure of one thing. Nothing is scarier than his captain. Soon Yami sat down next to Kyoya as he started smoking.

"I heard you fought hard during your mission. Hell, you even came back with a lot of wounds on you."

"Yeah. I didn't have much of a choice. It was either I fight with all I had or just die and do nothing."

Yami merely looked at Kyoya. It wasn't by much, but he can tell Kyoya changed a bit. Soon he puts a hand on Kyoya's head. At first, Kyoya was scared that Yami was trying to squash his head. However, that wasn't the case as he heard Yami say one thing.

"You did a good job Kyoya. Keep it up."

"..........."

Kyoya was genuinely speechless after hearing that. He didn't expect to be getting any praise. To be honest, he didn't know why it made him happy. Soon Yami puts a bag on Kyoya's bed as he walks away.

"By the way, that's your pay. Have fun today on your day off."

"Thanks."

Soon Yami left Kyoya room as the boy was now by himself. As he sat in silence, he took the bag with his money inside and walked out his room. When he walked out he was suddenly in a head lock.

"Wow. I heard you really fought hard, Kyoya. Good work!!!!"

"Hey, let go of me Vanessa!!!!!!"

"Come on. A little affection never killed anyone Kyoya."

Kyoya merely looked away from her as he was trying to hide his embarrassment

Kyoya merely looked away from her as he was trying to hide his embarrassment. As this happened, Asta ran towards Kyoya.

"Hey Kyoya!!!!! We were about to head out to do shopping! Wanna come with us?"