Chapter 62 Witch of Greed

As Kyoya looked at Echidna, he felt tremendous magic power from her. While this happened, Echidna motioned a hand for him to sit down with her at the table. When Kyoya sat down, she poured some tea for him.

"That first trial must have been rough for you. Having to relive those awful moments of your past."

"How did I get here? Wasn't I in the Sanctuary?"

Echidna could see why he had questions. Soon she saw Kyoya drink the tea she offered him. Though Kyoya began to feel uncomfortable when he caught her staring.

"What's with this tea? It's not good or bad."

"It's produced here. To put it bluntly, it's a bodily fluid of mine."

"WHY THE HELL DID YOU SERVE ME THAT!!!!!"

Echidna couldn't help but laugh at Kyoya's experience. Meanwhile, Kyoya fought the urge to drop kick her. Unlike Finral, Kyoya isn't afraid to drop kick a woman if she deserved it.

"To answer your first question, your body is still in the Sanctuary physically. However, it's your soul that is here. As you know, i'm the Witch of Greed. Can you guess why?"

"I don't know. Is it because you want to horde money or stuff for yourself?"

"Knowledge. Knowledge is what I crave. The known and the unknown. The weak and the strong. The hope and despair. I want knowledge on all things. Besides knowledge can be powerful, with just the right info you could turn the world on its head."

As Kyoya listened to Echidna, he saw the smile on her face. But for some reason, he felt more terrified of her than Kurono. He couldn't put his finger on it, but something about her reminded him of Vanica.

"You know, a lot of people have often tried to find me and wanted answers. I wonder what answers you seek for."

"I have several. For one, who was it that froze Sun Village. I know it wasn't Byakuran or any of his underlings since no one there was using ice magic."

"That's simple. It was the Child of Gluttony who froze that village. As for why, you could consider him to be your last trial. Think of what he did as a prelude of what's to come. So then, what other question do you have?"

As she looked at Kyoya, she saw him clench his fists. When he looked at her, he had only one thing on his mind at the moment. One single question that he wants an answer to.

"The magic stone...the one that was in Wendy's body....who implanted it in her body?"

"That answer should be obvious. Or maybe you've already figured it out but didn't want to believe it. The person who implanted the magic stone in her body was none other than me."

As Echidna said this, she saw the table slowly being frozen. When she looked forward, she saw a blade made of ice near her throat. Kyoya glared at her after finding out she was responsible.

"It's your fault!!!!!! It you hadn't done it, then she wouldn't have been a target for the Eye of the Midnight Sun!!!!! If it wasn't for you than-"

"Her death would've happened earlier and it would've been even more cruel than what you saw."

Kyoya was confused by what he heard. Soon Echidna sighed as she took a sip of tea. When she looked at him, she began to explain Wendy's situation.

"You see, Wendy was born a sickly girl. Not to mention that her parents were killed shortly after. When she was in her last moments, she wished to have a normal life. One where she had a family, friends, and someone who could understand her. When I found her, I gave her a choice. To either die there or to extend her life a little longer."