Chapter 45 The Cost for a Life

Soon the Black Bulls manage to recover their magic power and their wounds finally recovered with the exception of Asta's arms. Finral used his spatial magic to open a portal leading into the Black Bulls hideout.

While this happened, Kyoya looked at Asta and Noelle saying goodbye to Kiato and Kahono. They even promised that they'd find a way to heal Kahono's throat and Kiato's leg. Soon all of the Black Bulls and Ultear walk through the portal. As they were all in the hideout, Yami spoke up to the squad.

"Alright you all, i'm taking the woman and the rest of the minions that were with Vetto to the capital and giving the Magic Stone to the Wizard King. Runt, Charmy, you two are coming with me."

Asta and Charmy nod their heads. Soon Finral used his spatial magic to open a portal to the royal capital. As Ultear was walking with Yami to turn herself in, she looked at Kyoya and smiled before leaving. She intends to keep that promise that both of them made. As Kyoya and the others were resting at the hideout, the ice mage went to his room.

"Heh...that mission was exhausting. Though I still have one thing to do. Before that mission, I woke up here instead of at Nean. Considering Nean was the first place I encountered the Third Eye, there's still someone I need to check up on."

~At Nean~
Wendy was seen walking back to the church with Sister Theresa as she was back from Kikka with a lot of food for everyone. As she walked inside, she saw the other kids playing. Soon Theresa walked towards Wendy.

"Thank you so much Wendy."

"No, it's nothing special Sister Theresa. After all, you helped me out when I first came here so this is the least I could do."

As Theresa looked at Wendy, she saw the young girl had bags under eyes. It looks like that she didn't get any sleep again. Seeing this, Theresa smiled as she pats Wendy's shoulder.

"You go and get some rest, i'll handle making dinner for today."

"Thank you, Sister Theresa."

Soon Wendy went inside of her room as she was lying on her bed. Her eyes felt heavy as she was slowly drifting to sleep.

~Dream~
A girl with blue hair was seen on the ground with an empty look in her eyes. As she looked at the sky, she kept thinking to herself.

"Mother....Father....I wonder who they were. Were they nice people, did I have siblongs? I wonder how it would feel to be loved. Would it hurt? Would it fill me with joy?"

The ground beneath her was turning red. A gaping hole was in her chest as she could feel herself slowly losing any signs of life. However, she soon saw a woman with long white hair wearing a black dress in front of her.

"That is some wound you have there. If left like this, you'll certainly die. Unless...........I use this."

Soon the woman held a stone in her hand. Wendy could tell that the stone had tremendous magic power. As the woman looked at Wendy, she said one thing.

"Your magic is too weak to heal a wound this severe. But if I transplant this stone into your body and you can somehow draw on its power, you may be able to save yourself and acquire more. But even the magic stone's power isn't infinite, you'd be lucky to even see yourself as a teenager. Even after hearing this, do you still want to live longer?"

Wendy thought about it. She could either die now without making any good memories or she could live but only for a few years. As she looked at the woman, she nods her head. Hoping that if she lives, then maybe she can find someone who can help her make precious memories and cherish her life.