Chapter 11 Allies and Enemies

Kyoya was seen walking around the dungeon with Asta and Noelle. The reason why Luck wasn't with them was because he ran off somewhere. As the two rookies sighed, Kyoya thought to himself.

"Luck's mana detection was always incredible. If he ran off then that means someone strong has piqued his interest. Are people from the Diamond Kingdom already here?"

"Kyoya......can i speak with you?"

Kyoya turned around and saw Noelle looking at him. Now that he thinks about it, the only time they spoke was when they first met each other. He was curious why she would want to speak to him after their first impression of each other.

"What is it? We don't have all day so make it quick."

"I just want to say....i'm sorry for my behavior during our first meeting."

Noelle looked at Kyoya as she was slowly getting more embarrassed because she noticed how silent he was. Meanwhile, Kyoya was in a state of shock. To be honest, he beginning to wonder if this was all a dream.

"A royal from the House of Silva just apologized. Is this happening? Is this real?!"

" Fine!!! Don't take the apology for all I care!"

"Sorry, i'm honestly just surprised. Though i wasn't mad at you to begin with. Besides, i've been through way worse than your verbal lashing. But i'll accept your apology. After all, we're both members of the Black Bulls."

Noelle and Kyoya smiled as they follow Asta. They wouldn't call each other friends, but at least they were on good terms now. However, as they walked, Noelle stepped on a tile that had a rune inscribed on it.

"Shit, it's a trap! Noelle hurry up and move."

By the time she heard Kyoya's voice, it was too late. Noelle found herself wrapped in vines as a giant monster slowly arose from the ground. She tried to reach for her wand that helped her control her magic power, but the vines were wrapped too tightly around her arms.

Noelle closed her eyes as she braced herself for pain. As Kyoya stepped forward, he decided to use his grimoire and fight. However, it seems he didn't need to since Asta brought a sword out of his grimoire and sliced apart the vines that held Noelle.

"So that's the sword everyone was talking about. Yet....that grimoire.....something is off about it."

Soon the monster grew more vines and wrapped them around the group. As he was being restrained, Kyoya used his ice magic to freeze the vines that were holding him and freed himself. As he lands on the ground, he saw several blades made of wind piercing the monsters flesh.

"The attack took out the monster...but who's spell was that?"

"Something tells me we're about to find out Noelle."

~In the Black Bulls Hideout~
Yami was sitting down reading the newspaper as Magna and Vanessa were with him as they talked about him making Luck the leader of the mission.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Our group won't be investigating alone. Another magic knight squad is going to be along side them. Think our guys will play nice?"

"Captain Yami, who's the other group?"

"Heh. That should be obvious. After all, we aren't the only ones who snagged an interesting new recruit."

Soon Yami puts down the newspaper as he put a cigarette in his mouth. He was lost in thought ever since he heard of the mission from Julius. One thing stood out to him and he thought to himself.