A Family Spat

"You told him, didn't you?!" Alysha snarled, storming into Jayson's bedroom through the mirror.

Upon seeing her aggressive disposition, Jayson leapt to his feet atop the mattress, pulling up the sheet to cover himself as he was only wearing a pair of green pyjama bottoms. "Knock like a normal person! Told who?"

"Our FATHER!" Alysha shrieked, grabbing a nearby book off the floor and hurling it at his head, which he narrowly dodged. "He knows there's something wrong with my powers! I trusted you not to tell!"

"Do you not think he probably knows because he's our father?" Jayson combatted, before a look of panic came across his face and he leapt off the bed, running for the door as Alysha charged at him, screaming bloody murder.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

He raced down the stairs, her hot on his heels, and ran into the living room, the door slamming loudly as it was shoved wide open twice in succession as they both barged their way through. Luci, who'd been sitting benignly on the couch, reading a book and sipping a cup of coffee, looked up in surprise at the two sparring siblings tearing around the room.

Jayson ran to the far end of the long coffee table, putting it between him and Alysha who glared at him from the other end, each tensed and waiting for the other to make the first move. "How do you know he knows?" Jayson argued.

Alysha laughed darkly. "Oh, he knows." She jerked an aggressive move towards him, laughing as he flinched reflexively. "Daddy's boy." Then she charged at him, yelling, arms reaching out to snatch at him; Jayson ran away around the other side of the table.

"That's enough!" Luci shouted, standing between them; breaking up what seemed fully set to devolve into a chase round and round the table. Alysha skidded to a halt in front of Luci, moving angrily on the spot with pent-up energy; Jayson looking back at them from a wary distance. "Oh, hi Luci." Alysha snarled. "Get out of the way, I'm about to commit fratricide."

"No you are not!" Luci shouted, catching Alysha as she made a lunge past Luci's shoulder and harshly shoving her away.

Alysha stumbled back, colliding hard with the sofa- and she crumbled; dropping down into the seat and putting her head in her hands, she began to cry like a child.

It's quite short today- I confess, I nearly forgot to update today completely, so didn't have as much time. So technically my plan for this chapter is now going to be split into two parts. Hope you enjoyed it anyway! Personally, I think it's ended up really good!