Hurry, hurry

Dec had a plan- the plan was to go to bed, get some sleep and completely ignore any shadowy figures that came to visit in the night. Slinking home in the wee hours of the morning from his bar, he crept upstairs and after checking everything was alright, tumbled into bed.

The moment the lights went off, it was like the place was filled with electricity. He was wide-awake, a live-wire, strange energy pulsing through his veins. He looked up at the ceiling flickering with shadows, fisted his hands in the bedsheets and turned over, pulling the blankets up over his head.

All around him, he could hear faint whispers, could feel soft touches all over him.

Determinedly, he forced his mind to go blank and allowed himself to drift.

"Declan, Decla-aan." Dec wrinkled his nose at the voice. Was that... Luci?

He thought about it for a moment, then settled back down into the pillow. Must be dreaming.

He felt a light touch on his shoulder through the bedclothes.

"Dec. Dec, wake up. Mate, wake up!" Declan groaned as he roused. Didn't Travis know better than to wake him up this early? What was he doing in his bedroom anyway?

He grumbled unintelligibly, swatting aimlessly at the presence.

There was a moment of nothing, and he sunk back into slumber. And then-

"Daddy!" A pair of small child's hands were shaking his shoulder, urgency in their voice. "Daddy!"

Billy.

Immediately, Declan sat bolt upright before he had even opened his eyes, feeling around for the young boy. "What's happening? What's wrong?"

Leaning across the bed, he went for the bedside lamp.

"No, don't do that!" Billy yelled. "Hurry, hurry!"

Opening his eyes, he saw the black silhouette of Billy in the darkness. 

"Come on, come on! I have to show you something!" Billy took his hand, leading him out the bed and towards the door.

"Hurry, hurry!" Billy urged him as they scurried along the landing, almost sounding more conspiratorial than urgent now. Very intrigued, Dec followed him along. Quickly they headed towards the stairs.

Suddenly the landing light switched on, nearly blinding Declan as it did.

"What are you doing?" Billy said tiredly, standing in his bedroom door.

Declan blinked in surprise, and looked to the hand he had been holding. There was no one there.