Shared Nightmares

A screwed up t-shirt hit Jayson's head at speed, causing him to awake with a moan. "Are you having nightmares?"

"I think I'm having one right now." He groaned, sitting up and rubbing his face before looking forwards to where Alysha stood outside the bedroom mirror. "What are you doing, Alysha? It's the crack of dawn! The sun's not even up yet, why are you?"

"Ha-ha, you're funny. Are you having strange dreams?" Alysha insisted, crossing her arms.

"Caves... And cracking walls... And eyes in the dark." Jayson reached. "Is that what you're after?"

Alysha sighed in defeat. "Yes, but I was hoping you wouldn't have had them." Suddenly, she walked over his bed and sat on the end, slumping down morosely on the edge of the mattress. "We're probably all having them then- us three siblings- I could sense others sharing the dream." Tiredly, she buried her head in her hands. Getting out from under the bedcovers, Jayson scooted over to sit next to her on the edge of the bed. Slowly he reached out to put a comforting hand on her shoulder, but she sat up before he could. She crossed her arms around her middle. "We have to deal with it. We have to, before Daddy finds out and wants to get involved himself, because that'll be more trouble for all of us."

"Is it really that much of a concern?"

"I see you, little one." Alysha mimicked dryly, and Jayson nodded in realisation. "He can look all he wants." Alysha said bitterly. "Just don't touch him."

"What are you going to do about it?" Jayson asked.

Alysha rose to her feet. "I need to... investigate something."

"It's your caves, isn't it?" Jayson said, standing to meet her. "It was there in the dream."

"I don't know." Alysha said. "But I will find out." Turning away from him, she crossed the room to the mirror; already onto the next challenge in her mind as she climbed through.

Jayson watched her go- just like that, no goodbye, nothing.

There was a rattling at his door as someone struggled with the handle, and then the door opened and Luci stuck her head inside. "What's going on?"

"I am not sure."

Vote and comment your thoughts! :D