At The L'Ange Home

"Guys, guys, I saw Nyx!" Travis called out as he came through the door of the L'Ange home.

There was a pounding of footsteps and Selene appeared at the top of the stairs, running down the steps towards him. Moments later, Rachel rolled out of the living room. As Travis shut the door, dampening the light from outside, Nick appeared on the landing, looking over the bannister.

"Is she alright?" Rachel exclaimed urgently.

"I saw her at the park." Travis explained, all in a fluster, simultaneously trying and failing to help Abby out of her coat. "She's not run off, she's been staying with her boyfriend to cool down. Helping him with his niece or something..."

"Staying with her boyfriend." Selene exclaimed like it should have been obvious. "Oh, so she's fine then."

"I wouldn't say that." Nick said grimly. "He's been involved in shady stuff. There's something off about him."

"Oh hush, you're exaggerating." Selene waved away his words. "Besides, it's your fault we're in this predicament in the first place. You let her be sent away."

"Hey, hey, hey!" Rachel interrupted, noticing the two bristling for a fight. "That's not the issue right now!"

Frustrated at her Dad being slow, Abby pulled her coat from his hands, unbuttoned it herself, motioned as if to hang it up on her hook and promptly dropped it on the floor before taking off at a run. Rachel snatched her up as she passed, sitting the little girl on her lap who squirmed playfully against her. Rachel chuckled. "Come on munchkin, sit still; cuddle up to Grandma." She gestured for Travis to continue, switching back to urgency. "Can we see her?"

"I'm trying to get her to come round this week." Travis said. "Maybe then we can all talk and figure this all out."

"...Where does her boyfriend live?" Nick asked, brows furrowed in questioning.

Selene shrugged. "Don't know. It's gotta be nearby- somewhere close to the park."