The Many Things She Knew

Salome knew many things that others did not. This power she had gotten; some called her mad for it. Sometimes she wondered if she was mad.

She knew Declan was looking for her, in search of answers. She knew Alysha would be coming seeking them too; even if the other woman didn't know it herself yet.
And she knew that before that all came to pass, she would be arrested by the Shadows of the New York institute. She was a risk; although perhaps they didn't realise exactly how much of one.

So after causing the mayhem she needed, Salome sat down on low wall and waited.
It wasn't long until she was approached. She knew it wouldn't be long.

Right on time, Jace and Alec appeared. They spied her almost instantly, perched atop the brick wall, mumbling quickly to herself, a glazed over look in her eyes as she twisted strands of her russet hair into knots. Not quite what they'd expected from the causer of the carnage that had brought their attention; not quite what anyone expected.

Jace was the first to approach, asking firmly. "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for you." Salome responded in a sweet smile. "And you." She said, peering around him to address Alec.

The two men shared a look.

"She can't stay here." Alec said in a hiss. "We have to get her off the street."

"Something's not right with her!" Jace hissed back, then sighed, addressing Salome once more. "I'm going to have to ask you to come with us."

"Of course." Salome smiled, always nicey-nice, sugar and spice. She raised a long, elegant finger, tipped with a vicious curling stone claw. "But if we could just wait one moment..."

A car drove past, dark windows, driving away to come to a stop down the far end of the road. Salome could tell who was in it, even before the door opened. Declan and some of his men.

Once she was sure he'd seen, she leapt to her feet. "Alright, let's go."

It wasn't Declan's time yet, but close, and the chase would be fun.

Sorry it's short, but I have an exceptionally busy day today and wanted to ensure I got something out. It will be getting a follow up chapter at a later date.