Seek

Alysha let out a low whistle as she entered the apartment Lilith and Luci had previously resided in; guided by the later who followed behind through the door, a look of distaste on her face. "... Say what you want about her, Lilith had taste." Alysha opened a door along the hallway and peered inside. "Okay, nevermind, I take that back." The room inside was utterly trashed; ornate furniture broken and strewn about the place, and an intense, musty scent of rot and mould filtering into the air.

Luci screwed up her nose, peering over Alysha's shoulder. "Someone needs to gut this place."

"So what are we looking for?" Jayson said loudly from behind them, snapping both of their attention away.

"Right, yes." Alysha shook herself to focus on the issue at hand. She turned to Luci. "Did she have a room... A bedroom, an office... somewhere others weren't allowed to go?"

"I know some places." Luci nodded.

***

Well, if the apartment wasn't trashed before, it was now. Alysha had torn through it like a whirlwind; tearing everything apart in her search, with no care for the preservation of items. She dismantled objects, toe fabric and even pulled up suspicious-looking floorboards.

"Talk about gutting place." Jayson snarked, watching on. "Do you want a match and some gasoline?"

"That's plan B." Alysha muttered. Alysha pushed past Luci to rip open the mattress on the bed, before turfing it off the frame unceremoniously; then striding across the room to the closet, wrenching it open to delve inside. As she did, she paused to draw her attention to something beside her; and pulled the cloth from a long, full-lengthed mirror propped against the wall. "A blanket? If you want to keep me out, don't have a mirror."

She dived back into the closet. Behind the few sparse but beautiful clothes were an array of items, of which Alysha sifted through and tossed haphazardly out of the cupboard.

"Hey, hey, HEY!" Luci yelled, leaping to catch vials and bejewelled amulets before they crashed into the floor. "Some of that is dangerous! Some of it's valuable!" She grabbed Alysha by the shoulder, pulled her back and around. "Maybe you should let me look, as I actually know how to be careful with things, rather than mindlessly destructive!"

"Don't get in my face!" Alysha snapped.

Luci shook the glass vials in her hand at Alysha. "Stop being so bull-headed and ploughing on without a second thought! If this is as crucial as you say, we need to be smart about it-!"

She cut herself off as she noticed Alysha look towards the mirror and turned her gaze to do the same.  A shape had appeared in the mirror; turning darker and darker, more real by the second. It was long and stretched, humanoid, but taller than any human.

Alarmed, the girls stepped away from the glass.

It was back.

It raised its hand to the glass and pushed through; the glass opened around it like water and it emerged from the mirror, bending down onto all fours. A hideous, emaciated, corpse-like figure; vague around the edges like it wasn't really there, more silhouette than flesh but becoming more realised by the second as it crawled free of the mirrors confines. It's eyes burned red.

Someone screamed.

The creature snarled venomously, the brutal slit that served as its mouth opening to reveal teeth like broken glass, and with unnatural speed and an unearthly howl, it lunged at Jayson.