Sister, sister

Selene softly pushed open Nyx's bedroom door and started in surprise when she saw Alysha reclining on the bed of what she expected to be a deserted room. "Oh, hello!"

"Hello."

"Umm... What are you doing here?"

Alysha's eyes flicked up from the notepad she was doodling in to fix her currently acid green eyes on Selene. "What are you doing here?"

Selene crossed her arms snarkily. "This is my sister's room. I have a right to be here."

"This is my sister's room. I'm staying here." Slowly, she slunk from the bed. Despite being a wolf herself, Selene suddenly had the distinct impression she was in the room with a large and powerful predator. "I've seen you staring, looking at me all strange. All the wondering. Does it bother you how much I look like her? Or that I'm here? Do you have something to say to me?"

Wide-eyed, Selene sucked in a breath and spoke in a whisper. "You saved me."

"-Oh." For once, Alysha was stopped short.

Selene coughed and cleared her throat. "You healed me; gave me my life back when no one else could. And you're helping Rachel. So... you're good in my books."

Alysha stretched her neck, looking ruminative, her eyes a shifting prism of colours.

"I mean, clearly we both love Nyx." Selene continued. "And that's fine. I know you're not her; I don't expect you to be. There's nothing wrong with us both caring for her. In many ways, that's only better."

And with that, the tension broke.

Alysha grinned wide, eyes a light yellow and mood mellow. "Ah, well, in that case... friends?" She held out her hand.

Selene took it. "Well, technically, if you think about it, we should be family."

Alysha chuckled, tucking Selene's hand under her arm as together, they walked from the room. "I quite like this choosing your family idea. If I could choose, I'd probably pick you rag-tag lot."

"I'll tell you a secret." Selene leant in close to Alysha's ear. "You can."

I couldn't remember if I'd already done a chapter like this or not- I couldn't recall doing so, but it seemed familiar towards the end. I'm so sorry if that's the case! But I feel like this was needed; I am aware I keep sidelining certain characters, Selene being one, and I'm trying to bring them in more. Besides, I just really like the idea of Alysha and Selene as friends XD