Catching Up

"...I swear, it was so strange." Dec said to Travis as he bustled about behind his bar, fizzling with energy that made him arrange and rearrange glasses again and again. "But it's nice to be able to put a face to a name. I swear, he's not exactly what I imagined for Billy's dad... But at the same time, he's totally Billy's dad, you know what I mean? -Oh, sorry, am I disturbing your intense eye-fucking?"

Nick and Travis sprung apart bashfully as Declan snapped, swinging his towel up over his shoulder and putting his hands on his hips as he looked at the couple. "Yeah, I saw you. Any more of that and I'll be chucking you both out and having to sanitise the table. Yeah, congrats, you both pulled your heads out of your asses and got it together the way Travis has been dreaming of for years. Young love wins out."

Travis flicked a peanut at him. "Salty."

Nick pursed his lips. "... What do you mean young? I'm older than you."

"Okay, baby face." Dec snarked. "How old were you when you enlisted?"

"Don't mind him. He's just sad that his girlfriend left him and grumpy because he can't sleep." Travis teased; jabbing a scolding finger at Declan. "You need a nap!"

"Oh, yes please." Turning away, Declan closed his eyes and took a deep, calming breath. When he turned back, he had three shots, one for each of them. "But seriously guys, I'm glad for you." He said, putting them down. "A toast? To new relationships; may yours last longer than mine."

"Well, you never know." Travis' grinned wickedly as he picked up his shot. "Cynthia is single again."

"I would rather gouge out my eyyy-" He trailed off as both his and Travis' eyes were drawn to something.

At the window by the door, the pale faced, pale haired woman from the asylum was pressed up against the glass, looked in with wild eyes.

Travis immediately ducked down onto the floor. "Shit! Shit!"

"What's wrong?" Nick asked, alarmed.

"Juuust stay there." Dec said, mostly to Travis, his eyes trained on the woman, watching tensely for a few moments. Then, "Okay, she's gone."