Roomies

"- Perry, get out!"

"-Right, door locks, a quick reminder in how they work. You take this key- now pay attention, because this part is tricky-"

The bottle of shampoo hit the bathroom wall behind Perry's head and Perry quickly turned and fled. Moments later, Perry was met in the hall by a wet-haired Luci in some hastily thrown on clothes and Jayson struggling to do up his trousers.

Immediately Luci advanced on him, a savage look in her eyes. "How dare you? Do you have any idea who I am?"

"My eyes! My eyes!" Perry dramatically ground the heels of his hands into his eyes. "I am scarred, I tell you! Scarred!"

"Perry, you once hid out for two months in a brothel." Jayson drawled. "You are not scarred."

Perry grinned cheerily. "Unless I'm invited, lock the door."

"Right, Perry, now you have succeeded in ruining the atmosphere, making everything awkward and bringing all the attention back to you- which is probably exactly what you set out to do, so congratulations," Jayson caught Luci's icy gaze, pulled an uncomfortable face and strengthened his resolve. "We have to lay down some ground rules."

"Rules? We've never had rules before."

"Yes, and who's fault is it that's changed?" Jayson snapped. Luci didn't miss the glance Perry shot her.

"Just give me some warning before you invite girlfriends over. Put a sock on the door. Drop a text. Invest in learning to lock the door. And I shall do the same."

"Girlfriend? I'm his partner!"

"Sure."

"I am!"

"Didn't say otherwise."

"Perry, you actually have to be inviting people back to put a sock on the door." Jayson snarked.

"You keep this up, I'll invite your sister!" Perry cackled, turning and striding off towards their bedroom.

"You do that, you can get out of this house right now!"

Luci turned to Jayson, wrinkling her nose. "Speaking of your sisters, where's the crazy haired weirdo got to now? I know we don't want Alysha wandering in all the time, but it's always slightly worrying when we don't know where she is."