🍎 Ch.23

As contestant after contestant showed off their skills to the judges, Y/n felt her mind drift. The ballroom she was in started to fade away as she found herself back in her soul realm again. Beautiful sakura blossoms decorated the realm, as a familiar figure sat under one of the trees, Aster.

"Hello Aster," Y/n greeted.

"Greetings, what brings you here?" Aster asks.

"I'm not sure, my curse and how I can return home constantly give me grief," Y/n said as she looked at her tar-black arms.

"Oh right, my sister," Aster sighed sadly," there is no cure in this world is there?"

"No, and I would hate for Evanora to be freed in this world," Y/n said with a grimace.

"That would be a problem," Aster sighed as she thought and thought," you are from the Ebonywood family correct, you have a magical painting that serves as storage, correct?"

"Yes, but it's back in my world," Y/n shrugged.

"What if, you made a portal painting that connects to the storage," Aster suggests.

"That could be possible, If everything is done correctly, it could serve as a portal straight to my world, back home," Y/n mumbled as she thought deeply.

"Well you'll have planned at a different time, the audition is almost over," Aster said as the ballroom started to reappear on Y/n's vision.

After the auditions, everyone quickly left excited for tomorrow's results.

" Having such amateurs as a part of this competition is out of the question," Vil sighed.

" ............ I see. Very well. gentlemen, that will be all for the auditions. We will be deciding on the winners by tomorrow. We will contact only those who passed, so please look forward to it!" Rook said.

GRIM: Tomorrow already, huh...! I'm getting nervous.

DEUCE: I feel like I was a little bit off-key at the bridge...

ACE: Singing and dancing are tiring, huh. Let's go back to the dorm and eat something.

(door closes)

" I'd say that it's about 50/50. We definitely cannot lose this year's VDC. Let's sort out the ones that actually performed well first," Vil sighed.

" Beautiful Vil, please wait a moment. Jewels already polished are beautiful indeed. However... Polishing a diamond in the rough is truly just as rewarding. They might turn out more beautiful than the jewels you already possess," Rook said with a smile.

".................. True... I see merit in what you're saying. We have to deviate from what is common if we want to find beauty. What's important is how they will shine brightly as new jewels once they're trained," Vil smiled as he looked down at his notes.
.
"Fufu... If it is hidden potential that you are looking for, I nominate the last group of freshmen," Rook chuckled.

" Eh? Those worthless little nobodies?" Vil glared.

"Let us take this into account, Vil. Say you polished them enough to be diamonds that turn the eyes of everyone that looks at them. A tiara with a big jewel perched on top, so to speak. I think that it would look more promising compared to a tiara littered with little dull jewels. Of course, the decision lies upon you. I do not mind even if you reject my idea," Rook explained.