🍎Ch.29

"I heard that you three caused a lot of ruckuses last night. Good grief," Jamil sighed as the two first stood nervesly.

"Still he should have tried to use his unique magic on our food," Ace groaned.

"Vil-senpai's unique magic?" Jamil asked

" Yeah, it's the kind of scary magic where he puts curses in food, yanno!" Grimm said.

KALIM: A curse in food?!

" He said that he did it so that we'll watch what we eat while preparing for the VDC. It's so scary," Grimm said.

" I'll probably notice if it's poison, but I can't say the same if it's a curse," Kalim said.

" Normally, a small trace of magic should be left, but... Hm..." Jamil thought to himself.

"But luckily Y/n was able to sense the curse and even erased it for us," Deuce added.

"Y/n was able to detect the curse," Kalim awed.

"And even rid of it too, she really is impressive," Jamil commented.

" Hm~ I guess we'll be able to tell if we hone our skills a bit, too," Kalim smiled.

" That might be a bit difficult for someone as naïve as you are," Jamil sighed.

" Eh? Don't be so mean~ We won't know for sure until I try~!" Kalim whined.

As the  5 talked the doors opened to reveal Vil, Rook, and Y/n.

" Are you all here, then? Have you all memorized the song already?" Vil asked

" Yes, of course," Jamil said simply.

" Y-yes...!" Epel stuttered.

" Very good. Let me see, then. Manager, please play the song," Vil ordered.

"The song itself sounds great, but what's with the strange noise in the background ?" Y/n asked quietly.

"What are you talking about?" Vil asked.

"It kind of make sense, I can't imagine music like this existing in the 15th century," Ace said. simply.

"WHAT?!" The team shouted.

"Miss fleur de cerisier is from the far past?!" Rook asked in shock.

"That's a long time ago, this has to be a big culture shock," Jamil said.

"That could also explain why you hardly use or understand magic stones and pens," Epel added.

" Anyways," Vil sighed, trying to change the subject," I am aware that the headmaster has placed you in the DVC competition, for whatever reason. What do you plan to do?"

" I was going to sing, a song I've been working on for a long while," Y/n said slowly.

"Sing? Y/n's going to sing?" Deuce asked.

"Know that you mentioned it, I've never heard Y/n sing before," Kalim said.

"I would love to hear Miss fleur de cerisier sing," Rook smiled.