Bean Day 3

(Meanwhile with the monster team)

"Grrr, where surrounded," Jack growled.

"And it seems where cornered," Azul glared at the 3 farmer team members.

The three farmers readied their pea shooters when suddenly a capture net fell on top of two of them. Before the third one could react, a weight suddenly crashed down on him as a capture claw pinned him to the ground.

"Wha-what! where did you come from?!" The farmer gasped in shock as he tried to look up at his captor.

But from the side of his eye, he could see large feathers of strong wings outstretched above him.

"Good morrow, fellow monsters," Marcel greeted Azul and Jack.

"Umm, hi. You came just at the right moment," Jack sighed as he lowered his capture weapons.

"Amazing you managed to capture all these farmers without being noticed by anyone. You must be a superb hunter," Azul complemented, but he stared at Marcel with calculating eyes.

"Ahh, that is too kind of thou, Master Azul, but I thank thee," Marcel smiled.

"umm, why do you talk like that, Y/n and the others don't talk like you?" Jack asked.

"Oh, does mine speech bother thou, master Jack?" Marcel asked with a confused look.

"N-No that's not what I'm saying," Jack stuttered.

"No, it's fine. It's just a nobility thing. My parents are higher rank in social class, so I'm just taught to speak in a special way. But most magic folk like to distance themself from humans in many ways, especially in speech. So for nobility, it's simply an esthetic thing," Marcel chuckled.

"Nobility huh?" Azul smiled as his eyes glinted with mischief.

"I don't think saying such information in front of Azul is a smart thing to do," Jack said bluntly, as he could feel Azuls harsh glare.

"Oh, is thou art a cutpurse?" Marcel asked.

"A what?" Azul and Jack asked.

"Well never mind, do you know where any other monster members are?" Jack asked.

"Well, I was with mistress Ferra for a time, when she ran off suddenly," Marcel explained.

"Why would she run off?" Azul asked simply.

"Well, she was very adamant on facing lady Y/n. So one would imagine she went to find her," Marcel sighed.

"Why would Ferra target Y/n specifically?" Azul asked.

"If mine memory serves as such, she wished to fight Lady Y/n face to face," Marcel explained.

"For what reason?" Jack asked.

"She wished to know Y/n's true extent of power, testing to see if Y/n is truly worthy of swearing loyalty too," Marcel answered with a serious expression.

"Loyalty?" Jack asked.

"With  Y/n becoming a candidate to be queen, many magic folks like she and I would try to get into her coven. If she did become queen, those in her coven would rise in statues with her. So many simply flock to people in Y/n situation for benefits," Marcel explained. "Of course only one can get the throne."

"So Ferra is simply seeing if it's Y/n she should follow, she doesn't want to back the wrong horse," Azul said quietly.

"What about you? Are you going to join her two for the same reason?" Jack asked with a slight growl.

"Me... Well not for power, simply for protection," Marcel said simply.

"Right, I hear your world isn't all peaceful. Yet you look very capable, so why protection?" Azul asked.

"Well seeing that thou art well, I must away; Fare thee well," Marcel smiled as he took off to the sky.