🐍Ch.15

After Y/n and Grimm had full stomachs Kalim happily dragged the two on a tour of the Dorm. The whole building hand many fine metals carved into the form of walls and pillars. Kalim explained a lot of the money for this came from his family. He was a child of wealthy parents, and it was a big family of 30 or 40 siblings. Y/n couldn't wrap her head around the thought of that many siblings under one roof.

Soon Kalim showed of the vault/safe room and the piles of gold coins and treasures all shoved into one room. As Y/n took in the sight she felt a light tap on the shoulder, turning she was meet with a sentient floating carpet.

"Oh umm, hello?" Y/n smiled as she shook its tassel.

"This is the legendary Magic Carpet from the Land of Hot Sands! I heard that it's a replica of the Magic Carpet that the King the Sorcerer of the Desert served used to fly in the sky. It's an heirloom passed on in our family," Kalim explained.

"Well, it's a very friendly carpet," Y/n giggled.

"Yup! Riding it is a lot easier than brooms. The sun will set soon, so let's go for a night walk! Come on, get on!" Kalim said as he lifted Y/n onto the carpet.

"Eh? Are you sure we won't fall off ...?" Y/n gasped as Kalim quickly got on the carpet with her.

"It's alright! Trust me. Alright, let's go!" Kalim smiled as Grimm latched on To Y/n's shoulder.

The carpet quickly took to the sky and above the clouds. Y/n gasped as she quickly held onto Kalim's shoulders as the strong wind blows pat her.

"Wha-!? We're really flying! We're up so high I can't even look down...! The dorm's looking small already," Grimm gasped in shock.

"How is it? Being up on the clouds feels like we're in a different world, right?" Kalim smiled as he placed a hand on hers.

"The stars look like diamonds," Y/n smiled as she looked up at the stars.

"Being able to fly freely in the sky is good, huh? It makes me forget even the smallest of troubles. Though Jamil tells me that I'm worrying too much sometimes. I wish that he'd take it a little bit easy, too, you know," Kalim smiled serenely.

"Wha-!? A bird I've never seen before is flying over there!" Grimm pointed.

"Ah, you're right! Let's go see it," Kalim said as he steered the carpet.

The three soon landed from the exhilarating ride as Grimm smiled and ran around their feet in excitement. Thought the moment was cut short when Jamil called out to Kalim. So Grimm and Y/n waited in the lounge along with the other dorm students, waiting for dinner.

When Kalim and Jamil returned, Y/n could feel something was off. Kalim's eyes glowed with an eerie orange, along with a 180 personality shift. From the kind carefree to a strict tyrant in the span of an hour. He quickly went back on his word about sending the students home and forced his guests to stay in the dorm and participate in their activities the next day.

"This is turning into something strange..." Y/n said to herself.

-----------

"Alright, that's all for today! We'll be marching towards the Eastern Oasis tomorrow morning. We'll be doing this thoroughly, so get ready!" Kalim said bluntly as he turned to leave.