🍎Ch.34

" O, how the sun has disappeared. A lonely and dark sky... Exactly the visage that Vil has presented us with," Rook frowned sadly.

" Jamil, we have to evacuate the students and the staff! Wait, what...? Where did all the people go...!?" Kalim asked.

"Just how many years do you think I've been following you around, huh? I've already had them evacuated," Jamil said simply.

"You did, that is amazing Jamil. I knew we could trust Scarabia's meticulous planner!" Y/n praised.

" I had a bad feeling after seeing Vil-senpai's reaction to Neige's performance. I anticipated that a certain someone would try and stop him before he could do something inexcusable," Jamil glared.

" Wha—?! Why do you make me sound like the bad guy?! I couldn't leave him alone, okay!?" Kalim gasped.

" Whether it was with good or bad intentions, the wasp's nest has already been broken. All I could do was wait for the results," Jamil explained.

" But you saved our butts! Thanks, Jamil!" Kalim grumbled.

" Really, if we had kept quiet, Neige would have been the only victim. Why do something uncalled for...?" Jamil asked with a sigh.

"That would still be awful Jamil, and Vil would have to experience horrible ramifications for his actions," Y/n glared.

" Marvelous, Jamil-kun! Your sharp eyes surely do not miss anything that Kalim-kun might attempt. A deep bond that could only be harbored by an attendant for his master... How truly beautiful!" Rook smiled.

" Please stop. That's not the case. I've just been used to it. Plus... All my plans to redeem myself would have been for nothing if I left him alone!" Jamil shouted.

As Y/n sighed, she could hear a couple of footsteps heading towards them.

" Jamil-senpai! We managed to evacuate the other people loitering around by saying whatever, but... When we went out to confirm that no one's around, a purple fog covered the Coliseum," Ace explained.

" That mist... Just touching it made my skin hurt. We couldn't do anything... What is that!?" Deuce asked.

EPEL: What the 'ell's happenin'!?

ROOK: King of Poisons has fallen into Overblot.

ACE/DEUCE/EPEL: WHAT?!

JAMIL: We'll leave the explanations for later! Get ready!

ALL: WHOA!!

(flutter...)

" You will not escape... Everyone who has seen my unsightly image will not leave here alive! AHAHAHAHA!!" Vil laughed.

" The festival is ongoing. Strong magicians are gathered around the campus. Surely, someone has noticed what's happening. But, for reinforcements to reach here safely, we need to hold him back. It looks like we're in for a fight," Jamil glared.

" Yeah, if we let him run wild like that, Vil's life will be in danger. We need to slap some sense back into him!" Kalim smirked with confidence.

EPEL: Today... I will not lose today!

ROOK: Vil... I promise to rid you of your pain.

While the others fought Vil, Y/n focused her magic to try to deal with the poison around the stadium. As the battle continued Y/n began to merit a light blue mist around her and the others.

" Ah... What bothersome potatoes you are! You've forced my hand... I will take you all down with me!" Vil growled, " What is this strange mist?!"

" Vil, that's enough!! Your life will be in danger at this rate...!" Kalim shouted.

" Ugh... We were so close to removing the blot, too..." Jamil gasps.

ACE: (panting)...! I don't have enough energy left!

GRIM: Me, too... Even a small fireball's impossible for me now...