🔥Ch 39

"–y! Hey, Yuu! Get up," A voice called to Y/n.

"A temple high in the clouds, the realm of the gods? Why is this baby important?" Y/n asked herself as she began to open his eyes.

"Hey, don't just go on snoozin' when you called us out here," Ace scoffed.

"I was so surprised hearing from you this late at night. What do you mean by Grim going missing?" Deuce asked.

"Yes, I went to find Grim, only when I found him he attacked me," Y/n sighed as she raised her arm to scratch her head.

"Wait...! What happened to your hand!? That looks really serious," Ace said as he grabbed Y/n's arm to study the wound.

"No way... Did Grim really do that to you?" Deuce gasped.

"It's just a minor cat scratch," Y/n said dismissively. 

Ace and Deuce could only stare in worry at the large and deep claw marks dominating her forearm.

"Let's go to the lounge first. You really need to get that checked ASAP," Ace said as he pulled Y/n out of the room.

"Also where is the rest of your other friends?" Deuce asked.

"They are currently taking residence in their room. They needed time to adjust to this world," Y/n said as she sat down on the couch.

"I'm going to call the headmaster," Deuce said as he left the dorm.

_____________

"You went to go look for Grim...? Grim had a sudden personality change and then he attacked you...? I see...," Crowley said slowly.

"He was eating another one of those black stones," Y/n said as Deuce wrapped Y/n's wound.

CROWLEY: A black stone?

ACE: Huh? Like, uh... The one Grim picked up and gobbled back in the Dwarf Mines?

DEUCE: Now that you mention it... He seemed to enjoy feasting on the dark stone that was left behind after Prefect Rosehearts went into Overblot.

ACE: But he didn't act weird back then, right? What the heck is that stone in the first place?

CROWLEY: ... I wasn't at the scene when that happened, so I cannot say for sure... My theory is that Grim ate what we'd call a "Crystallized Blot."

DEUCE: A Crystallized Blot...?

"That makes sense," Y/n said simply.

CROWLEY: I believe I touched upon it before...Overblot is a phenomenon that happens when a magician's body accumulates an overwhelming amount of Blot. Blot is essentially a waste product that is produced when casting magic. It is composed of strong toxins as well as stagnant magic. It can manifest into a huge incarnation that embodies the negative emotions harbored by the caster.