💔Jamil x Reader

I was always second to Kalim in everything, simply caused I had to hand everything over to him. But there was one thing I didn't give up so easily. Y/n Akilah, from the Akilah family, a mostly well off family. A family with 4 daughters, and a few servants nothing too spectacular, unlike Kalim's family. 

But at first, I overlooked her. I thought she would be just some other empty-headed spoiled brat, but I was proven wrong after a few days. when she arrived the family was off on a trip, so the servant was there to keep her comfy until they came back. I was tasked to take care of Y/n.

Y/n was actually well-read and well informed, spending most of her time reading and bettering herself. And for the most part, was independent. A week before Kalim and his family returned, I overheard a conversation between her and her parents.

"You need to be careful when talking to Al-Asim, you may come off a bit... Braggart. Remember they are above us," her mother said.

"I hope you understand, we just don't want you offending them," The father added.

Y/n simply lowered her head and simply agreed. Later that night I served her dinner in her room as she tried to calm her anger.

"Are you alright," A young Jamil asked simply.

"I think so, I just don't understand why I must lower myself for this family," Y/n sighed.

"Don't worry most of us are lowering our heads for them and his son," Jamil sighed.

"I need to distract my self, do you play this game," Y/n asked.

"Ugh, no thanks, I played against Kalim so many times. I even had to purposely lose to him," Jamil groaned.

"Must b madding," Y/n frowned.

"It's so easy to beat him in that game too, so I'm sick of that game by now," Jamil groaned.

"Oh, it's fine I probably could beat you anyways. I mean Kalim is more carfree than a strategist after all," Y/n smirked playfully.

Looking back at that moment, she knew what she was doing and managed to hook me into playing that game with her. And somehow she would always beat me 2 to 1, even in card games with luck. She always manages to outfox me, and she saw me as a rival. Not some smart servant, but someone who shouldn't be underestimated. 

"I think this is enough for one night," Y/n smiled.

"NO! no more game?" Jamil demanded.

We would meet in our free time after that night to just talk, and play simple games to pass the time, we just wanted to spend time together. For the first time, I found something I didn't want to give up so easily. I wanted Y/n's hand in marriage. The  Akilah family isn't very strict about suitors, if a suitor were deemed worthy in a respectable capacity like wealth, strength, or how well educated a suitor maybethey might be willing to hand over a daughter.

Soon she meets Kalim, and she seemed to get along with Kalim just fine. Though Kalim was a bit too carefree for her taste, she didn't have much of a grip against him. Still, I wasn't going to lose to that fool.