Neige ending

Neige passed back and forth in front of Y/n's room, as he waited for the doctor to finish his autopsy, but when the doctor and Y/n's family emerged. Y/n's mother was in tears as her husband held her close with a sorrowful expression.

"Doctor is Y/n alright?" Neige whispered. The Doctor looked over his shoulder and lead Neige to the other side of the waiting room.

"Y/n will make a complete recovery, but," The doctor paused," His wings had to be removed, they were badly infected and it left alone, Y/n would never heal."

Neige's heart dropped." Y/n's going to have a rough time coping with the changes," The Doctor frowned slightly.

"What do you mean?" Neige asked.

"Siren's take great pride in their wings and Iive for flight. So one can imagine the misery of living, but being unable to do what you were born to do," The Doctor explained.

"C-can I see them?" Neige asked.

"Go right ahead, but be careful about the wing topic. For a siren, they are taking this situation very well," The Doctor whispered," They could just be putting up a front."

Neige nodded as he hesitantly entered the room. Inside sat Y/n, who seemed to just be sitting and staring at the wall in front of them.

"Hello, Neige," Y/n greeted without turning to him.

"Hello Y/n, I'm glad you're getting better," Neige smiled softly.

"Y-yeah," Y/n nodded as they felt off, not feeling quite the same without the weight of their wings on their back.

"How are you feeling?" Neige asked awkwardly.

"Umm, fine I guess, I don't know," Y/n said with an empty and tired stare.

As Neige sat next to Y/n, he could see the sad and empty stare in their eyes, and how pale they had become. An almost hollow and sad husk of the kind and bright Y/n he loved so much. The more Neige stared the more his heart twisted and noted with sorrow.

"I'm so sorry," Neige mumbled as tears started to well up in his eyes.

"What are you talking about Neige?" Y/n asked curiously.

"S-sometimes I wonder... If I hadn't been so childish about my feelings that day... Maybe you would have still... Wouldn't have gotten hurt," Neige stuttered as tears ran down his cheeks, Y/n simply sat with a confused and concerned look on their face, " If I'd just... Put my jealousy aside and hung out with you after the practice. Maybe you wouldn't have been hurt."

"What are you talking about? I just thought you were stressed about the VDC," Y/n said.

"Y/n," Neige chuckled slightly," Sometimes you can be so oblivious. Y/n... I...I've had these Feeling for you, for a long time. Not platonic ones, romantic ones, and I can't bear the thought of you falling in love with someone else."

"Like who?" Y/n asked like a confused puppy.

"Like Vil of course," Neige sighed with a soft chuckle," You were always so close to him, and I could see the way he looks at you. I knew he had feelings for you too, so I was so nervous that you would fall for him."

"Neige," Y/n smiled softly as they held his hand," I look up to Vil, as a muse, and role model. I don't really see him in a romantic light," Y/n explained.

"And... Me? Be honest, with me," Neige said.

"Well, I don't know. One side of me thinks it's just my great gratitude towards you for all you and your family has done for me, is just me mistaking it for love. I bet you get so many love confessions, so I feel like mine wouldn't really... mean much-"

Y/n was interrupted with a pair of lips slamming onto theirs. It happened so fast that Y/n didn't have time to process what hit them or brace for impact. They slowly realized that Neige was on top of them, had wrapped his arms around their neck, and was kissing them very passionately.

"I love you so much," Neige smiled.