🌸Ch.30

(A week later)

It was a sad week after Lady Nameni was sadly forced to hand over her son who was sent to live with a childless baker and his wife. Y/n went to see if the family was treated the child well, acting upon a request of Miss Nameni and Master Tomoe. The baker and his wife have wanted a child for a long time, praying to their goddesses Niotz Goddess Of Youth, and Tudia Goddess Of Hope and the sun. So they were overjoyed when a baby was left at their doorstep. They happily believed that the Goddesses had answered their prayers.

Theodosia Didn't feel like staying in the city and asked to join Y/n on her journey, at least till she got close to home.

"Are you sure that's wise, those hunters could find you around there," Y/n said?

"I'll be fine, my brother would never sell me out," Theodosia said sharply to Y/n.

"Why would you assume his had to do with your brother, is he magic too?" Y/n asked.

"N-no, and neither were my parent," Theodosia said quietly.

"That's interesting, so how-"

"I don't know, they loved and cared for me. It was my fault for being caught," Theodosia said.

"I'm just wondering if one of them or both of them were halflings?" Y/n asked, " though I'm assuming this is a touchy topic, so I won't pry." 

"Thank you, So where are we heading?" Theodosia asked.

"I need to get to the hidden Chovia kingdom to undo my curse," Y/n said as she readied her horse.

"My mother once told me about that place but is that the only reason it's special?" Theodosia asked.

"It's the biggest kingdom of magic folk and is where our queen resides," Y/n explains as she helps Theodosia onto a horse.

"What witches and wizards have a queen?" Theodosia asked.

"Yes, chosen by the crown of Elvira itself," Y/n said simply.

"Chosen by a... crown?" Theodosia asked.

" The Crown was made by Elvira herself, she enchanted the crown to hold her power and consciousness after her death. The crown will choose the next queen and grant them wisdom from the queen's before," Y/n explained, as she got on her horse.

" So the queen posses the power of Elvira?" 

"No, rarely does the crown give them its magical power to the queen. No one really knows how Elvira choices the successor to the throne, but one thing we do know is that it choices someone with great magical strength," Y/n explains.

The two pulled on the reigns as their horses ran to the gate of the kingdom.

"So is that why witches and wizards care so much about power rank so much?"

"For the most part yes," Y/n answered," though how they obtain that strength deepened on the person."

"H-how did you get stronger? Through training or.. um-"