🍎Ch.26

"Is she still out there?" Kalim asked.

"Yep, she still just standing out there," Ace sighed as everyone stared out the window.

On the other side of the window, Y/n stood silently by her tree as she stared out into the distance. Deuce and Kalim simply watched with worried expressions on their faces, as Y/n stood in the cold of the late winter night. She wasn't wearing a jacket or winter gear, just her school uniform, but she didn't seem fazed by the snow and wind. 

"S-should we ask her to come inside?" Epel asked.

"Didn't Jamil just try to convince her to come inside?" Ace asked.

"She wasn't responsive, she seems too caught up in her own thoughts," Jamil sighed as he warmed up by the fire.

"Well she better come inside soon, the cold is not good for the skin," Vil said as he made way to his room.

-------------

"Miss fleur de cerisier... Miss fleur de cerisier," A voice called.

"Huh?!" Y/n gasped as she felt a thick wool blanket being placed on her shoulders.

Y/n turned to her left and could feel Rook's presence, who had a worried expression on his face as he stood next to her.

"Where are you trying to get home, fleur de cerisier?" Rook asked Gently.

"Yes, and I was so close as well," Y/n answered softly with eyes still closed.

"Why are you in such a hurry? Is it because of this?" Rook asked as he gently held her hand, which was tar-black, it ran up her arm but stopped at her upper arm," what is this?"

"A curse, the more magic I use the more the curse grows and I'm fated to one of two horrible fates," Y/n answered," so it's important that I return home to cure myself. Even if the cure is a temporary solution."

"So what happened to you back there?" Rook asked.

"I think I was split in two, my powers and some of my psyche has been split as well," Y/n said slowly.

"How can you tell?" Rook asked curiously.

"I can't use my darker side of magic, and I can only manage the hearing aspects of my power. When I close my eyes I can see my world. I can smell, and feel what my other half feels," Y/n said as she slowly opened her eyes.