🍎Ch.27

(In Twisted wonderland)

As Epel passed back and forth in frustration from another day of losing to Vil.

"I don't know what any of that means," Epel grumbled.

"Epel?" a voice called out.

Epel stopped in his tracks and looked around for the source of the voice. Till he looked up into the sakura tree and noticed a figure sitting in on the branches. There, high in the tree was Y/n with a strange instrument that Epel had never seen before.

"What are you doing out here in the cold?" Y/n asked as she lazily strummed her stringed instrument.

"I could ask you the same, but I just came to think," Epel sighed in frustration as he thought about today's practice.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Y/n asked," Get stuff off your chest?"

"Umm, sure. Though, How am I supposed to get up there?" Epel asked when suddenly, the tree moved its branches towards him, and picked him up," AAh!"

"You're fine Epel," Y/n chuckled as the tree plopped Epel down not too far from Y/n.

"I-Is this tree, a-alive?" Epel asked in slight shock.

"Yes, it's one of my creations," Y/n said as she patted the tree.

"Your creation," Epel awed.

"It also serves as my temporary abode," Y/n smiled, " but back on topic with you."

"n-nothing much, just annoyed with Vil and forcing me into doing things I don't wanna do," Epel sighed in annoyance.

"I'm guessing you talking about the extra ballet practice," Y/n frowned slightly.

"Yeah, I never wanted to be in this dance team, Vil forced me to join and make me do girly things," Epel explained.

"A Dorm leader's job is to make sure their dorm isn't in chaos, and the rules are upheld. They shouldn't be able to force you to do anything unless it is within school rules... Unless," Y/n said, waited for Epel to answer.

"I picked a fight with Vil one the first day of school, and I lose to him. I thought I could take him, but I... He said 'In this school, the weak are obligated to listen to the strong. seeing as you lost to me, you will heed me from now on," Epel explained," So I have to follow his order, Cause I'm too weak to beat him."

Epel turned to Y/n, expecting her to have some sort of shocked or judgemental look on her face. Yet, she did not, she simply held a calm expression as she listened intently. With a calm smile, she slowly moved closer to Epel.

"I didn't even want to be apart of Pomefiore," Epel continued as tears threatened to fall," I want to become more manly and strong."

"Why do you want to become strong?" Y/n asked slowly.

"Cause I was always...everyone at home thought I was weak. So I proved them wrong by beating those who looked down on me. I wanted to come to NRC to get stronger, to show my bullies that I wasn't weak," Epel chocked, as he held back his tears," You managed to take down Vil, your so strong and cool. I beat everyone respects you back home."