🍎Ch.31

[LOCATION: Pomefiore Dorm]

"............ Really, you boys. You have some nerve coming back here after what happened. Skipping lessons, going off-campus without permission, and picking a fight, for goodness sake. I will excuse that as self-defense for now, however— What will you do if you ended up getting us disqualified for the VDC? There is being reckless and then there are you two!!" Vil scolded.

"Schoenheit-senpai... We're really sorry for causing you trouble! I was the one who dragged Epel into this. If you must punish someone, please punish me!" Deuce bowed.

" No, I was the one who ran off without permission! I was also the one who initiated the fight. Please punish me instead!! But I finally understood everything about the power you speak of, Vil-san. I had always quietly made fun of people who were so fixated on their cuteness and beauty. But, after you advertised my hometown's juice, everyone in the village was so happy...I felt like I finally realized your meaning of strength, Vil-san. I know now that I want to have power like yours, too, Vil-san," Epel explained.

" Hm, let me tell you something, Epel. I love it when people worship me.
 More overwhelming than brute strength, more eloquent than simple speech. The power to make people submit to you... That is what beauty is to me. This is why I have worked hard to perfect beauty that comes second to no one. The best in all the world. You were born blessed with a sword we call beauty. Whether you sharpen it or let it rust is up to your own efforts. Please keep that in mind," Vil explained with a smirk.

" Yes. I... I will become stronger, I promise. Stronger to beat both you and Neige!" Epel promised.

VIL: Very well said.

ROOK: (chuckles) It seems like our little birds have finally seen the light. Shall you forgive them, King of Poisons?

VIL: ...... (sighs) Anger will bring us nowhere at this point. But never let this happen again, you understand?

DEUCE and EPEL: Yes!

" Now is not the time to be so enthusiastic. Goodness, where do you get all that energy from? You shall go run 30 laps around the dorms as your punishment! And Epel there is one more person you need to apologize to," Vil said as he brought Y/n forward.

Epel stood nervously as his eye's landed on her bound forearm. Y/n simply stared at him with an unreadable expression. As he was about to say something when Y/n gently grabbed his hands, seemingly to inspect them.

"Are your hands alright?" Y/n asked with a soft smile.

"I-I'm sorry for getting out of control. I didn't mean to hurt you at all," Epel apologized.

"I'm alright, but I'm glad you and Vil got out of that unharmed. But know you understand why I said to be careful with this spell," Y/n said as she unwrapped her bandage to reveal her hand-shape burn on her forearm.

"I'll try better next time," Epel promised.

"Good, I'll be waiting for you to get stronger in whatever sense you chose," Y/n smiled, "Then we'll see who's stronger."

"Right," Epel smiled confidently.

DEUCE and EPEL: Yes!! We'll be off now!

As the two ran off, Vil slowly approached Y/n with a small question on his mind.