🍎Ch.36

We were so scared, our home was taken over by a horrible demon, the demon Xazzos. He came out of nowhere and sucked the life out of the ground, causing our fields to be barren.  Xazzos's minions quickly took over the town and imprisoned us, and our town. He threatened to prevent anything to grow if a sacrifice of a worthy magical soul wasn't offered to him. Of course, some tried to rise against them. Only to be devoured by the monsters in front of everyone, family, friends, lovers, anyone really.

The fire of rebellion was extinguished within one night, scaring and starving the town into submission. Night and day we were forced to serve Xazzos and his goons, all hope was sucked from everyone.

As months went by and more and more souls devoured; the next month was our time. We were so scared and silently prayed to anything, that someone or something would spare us. Xazzos was about to devour us whole when suddenly, something sharp slashed out the demon's eyes. 

There she was, the Sakura Witch. She appeared out of nowhere and took down our oppressor swiftly. With no eyes to see, and with the horrible smell of deaths past filling his nose the witch was almost invisible to Xazzos. 

We watched in awe as she took down the demon; he cowered in fear as he ran for the hills with his goons following behind them. Lady Y/n became our town's light in the dark, like the great Elna Ebonywood the owl witch came to the weak's aid. with her great magic, she helped restore our town to its former glory. She would roam around the town on her patrol, only to one day wander off; she would reappear from time to time, but one day she stopped.

"Cause she abandoned you," A cold voice chuckled, " she left because she no longer cared what happened to your  home."

"S-she abandoned us?" A weak voice questioned.

"W-why would she-"

"Remember what I told you about excepting information on about a person from someone else. they may not always be the most reliable source," Said a familiar voice.

"Lady Y/n?" My sister asked in hope.

"It's been away, hasn't it," Lady Y/n chuckled bashfully.

" You're here, you came for us?" I asked," Why did you disappear as you did?"

" I never intended to disappear like that, but unforeseen events happened. I ended up in this wonderful place, that I want to show the two of you," Y/n said," I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I hope you can forgive me."

"We could never stay angry at you lady Y/n," I smiled up at the bright silhouette in the dark void surrounding us.

-----------------------

I reached out my hands towards the two dark silhouettes, as the healing spell of Aster slowly washed over them. The darkness tried to regain a hold on the two, but the light quickly washed them away revealing the two witches underneath.

"Let's get out of here you two," I smiled.

"Yes, Lady Y/n," The two smiled.