Mr. Wentz part 1

Pete Wentz x male reader

If anyone knows how to turn on dark mode on the desktop, then dm me I hate writing in light mode

Pete POV (early 2000s or mid 2000s) 

Patrick is taking the absolute longest to take us to our interview.

I sit on my couch scrolling through my phone as my dumb skull friend takes his sweet time getting here. A car beep sounds from the outside world. 

And emerges Patrick's ugly orange car standing in front of my driveway as he waves. I roll my eyes at the scene as I lock the door and exit my home.

"Hey, they have a new editor doing our story for us," Patrick informed me. 

"Cool," I say as we travel to the building. 30 minutes of wondering why I had to worry about the editor. "What's the name of their new editor? " "I don't know," Patrick mumbled before we arrived.

"So, Fall Out Boy, this is how it will go... " The director talked, but I was met with the most handsome man I had ever seen. He approached the director before our eyes met and instant guns shot through my heart.

"Our new editor can cut out anything you don't want in the interview, just tell him and he will do it," The director said. I examine the boy as he writes on his notepad, and ask the director questions.

"I will get back to you when I can," he says to the director as he looks up from his notepad to see my eyes on him still.

I waved and he waved back. My anxiety started to heighten as I got terrified of what he thought of me. However, he was calm and asked Patrick questions about what extra things we would like.

I smile at him as he walks down a hallway to another room. "Who's that? " I asked the director. "Our new editor, (name) (last name) " I turn and look at the hallway he went down.

"May I go and talk to him? " I asked the director. "Sure, his door is on the right at the end of the hallway, " I follow that direction and knock on the door.

"Come in" I heard as the door opened showing a busy-looking male, I went up to him "You're the new editor? " I asked. "Yes," His eyes stuck on the screen before turning to me, smiling. "How did you get the job? " "I was offered the job," he told me.

"So-" "Mr. Wentz, I know that you're a very friendly person but I'm very busy right now," my whole heart crushed. "If you have any questions about the interview please tell me after the interview, " He said turning back to his workspace. "Understood," I said as I wanted to say more.

I walked out of the room and down the hallway. Minutes later, (name) came out and walked down.

The interview started, laughing and questions were in the room. However, I was stuck watching (name) write stuff down and look up to see me staring.

I winked at him making him blush before looking down at his notebook and writing.

"Any new relationship happening in your life? " I looked at the guys as they talked about a girl or friends. "I saw this person earlier and I couldn't talk to them because of how strict they're with their time. I couldn't even fit a pickup line in," I said as the band wondered who it was and my brain was stuck on him.

We continue as I continue staring at (name) as he talks with the director.

They smiled and I saw how brightly he smiled. "Who is the most important person in your life? " I look down. "The person I am ready to call the love of my life," I smiled while speaking.

The interview ends with (name) talking to the film crew. I walked up behind him. "So send me it around 5," He tells them as he turns around. "Mr. Wentz" he greeted. "I was thinking since I couldn't talk to you earlier then let's get dinner today," I told him.

"Mr. Wentz, I will have to see," He sighed before writing down something in his notepad. "here is my number, " He said as he gave me the paper he wrote down on. My heart died on the spot at how smooth he was giving me that paper.

"Goodbye, Mr. Wentz," he says as I wished I could have told him to call me Pete, but I was flustered with the formal name. 

I was driven back home by Patrick as he questioned the person I talked about in my interview. "It has to be the new editor, " He says.  "And it will, only if I could get a date with him" I look outside as I see cars go passed up.

He stops at my house "Here's the stop, good luck" he says as I get out. The minute I unlocked my house door, I received a text. "I'm hoping that I can still go on that date," an unknown number asked. However, I knew who exactly it was.

"I would love to," I texted back as I smiled at my phone making sure to save (your name) in my phone not caring about how he got my number.

I set my phone down as I was too happy to function anything. "What am I going to wear? " I asked myself as I got up and ran around the room.

"A classic tee shirt and jeans, " I mumbled before hearing my phone go off. "Take me to somewhere fancy," He texted. "Perfect idea" I texted back. Now I need to make reservations and find a suit.

I call a restaurant in Hollywood as I try and find some clothes.

"It's okay," I say as they weren't going to take me. I called 2 more before getting a reservation that held an expensive price. "Thank you, " I say as I find a white shirt and would wear it under the suit jacket I found. 

I found some suit pants that were about 2 years old. I find some sneakers and lay my clothes out.

"I'm about to have the greatest date ever," I said as I forced myself into the suit pants. "Where do you want me to pick you up? " I texted him.

"(Random address)," I made my third mistake of the night. I need a car. My whole mind went black as I realized that I didn't have a car, few clothes, and no reservation at a good time. 

"This is time for the thinking cap." I pretended as I quickly looked through my contacts list to see my manager's name. Lucky day for someone. "Hey, " I said in the nicest way possible. 

I hear his sigh of frustration. "What do you want?" He asked before I continued. My smile got wider when I told him what I wanted.  

Hearing his sighs as I tried to coax him into bringing his car down and driving it was a pain to me until he agreed. "Sure, I will-" "Yes!" I hung the phone up and buttoned my shirt up. 

I dragged the Converse onto my feet before rushing to grab some of that fancy cheap perfume my mom brought me for Christmas. Every ounce of the scent that inhaled in my lungs was worth it as I dragged myself onto my couch.

Now only a few minutes before I get that car and I can see him again. 

To be continued...

I will resume this, but later I wanted to post this before anything else.

I may post one every month or week depending on my school schedule

Bye!