Treat you better

Shawn Mendes x male reader

I found a POV on Peter Parker and I fucking loved it so I wanted to do something similar but deeper plot

Trigger warnings: abusive relationship

Shawn POV
"High school is that place to be for depression every day! " I sang my friend/crush, (name), started smiling, we was in the hallway after class "where did the depression go to? " I asked as he puts his gym stuff up.

He looked me dead in the eyes "all my depression left after my mental breakdown in gym" he admitted "dammit, that's deep" I rubbed my hair.

"How? " he giggled "I guess we'll never know" I joked making him laugh, we walk down the hallway to lunch.

"What if one of us was in trouble? " he shrugged his shoulders in confusion picking up silverware and a tray.

I looked at him "we need a song" I thought out loud "stupid idea" I rolled my eyes as we get our food and sit at a table.

"Imagine this" I take my fork and held it like a pencil "if I was in a dangerous relationship, you will be able to know when you ask me how am I doing? And then I'll sing the song" he looked at me with a confused face.

He thought about it for a few "it's actually not a bad idea" he looked at me confused  "damn, you actually are smart" I smiled at his comment.

A couple of kids sat at our table but we knew why, it happens every week and no teacher is there to stop it because of our failing school system.

"Aw look it's two-"" shut the fuck up " (name) interrupted before Justin stood up and looked at him "what are you going to do run off to the teacher? " (name) joked while faked pouted at him.

Justin rolled his eyes "and what a slut like you going to do about it? " "says the one who hang out with me last night" (name) then winked at him "I would never" he looked at his crew but they laughed at him.

(Name) made a call me sign to Justin before the dude left biting his lips "i bet he going make a homophobic post about you " I said "and you too, bitch" he rolls his eyes.

"Great sleeping together joke" I said as a small chuckle slips from my lips "you think I'm joking? " he replied, I giggle before we realized what he said "I didn't mean to say that" his eyes wide open.

I look at him "I thought you went home after the arcade " I looked at him confused, he had a defeated look on his face "I've been messing with Justin" he mumbled.

My heart broke "you told me you would never" I reminded him "well I hit him up in his DM's and he started flirting" (name) begin to mumbled making me snap my fingers "don't mumble" I said trying to find the story.

"I told him after we got back from the arcade and he decided to pick me up to take me to somewhere private" he looked down while messing with his food.

I was in disbelief "I'm not mad at you but being your best friend" I couldn't even look at him "I support your relationship" I smiled at him.

"It's private... " he looked at me "I'll keep it a secret" I held my pinky out, and we pinky promise.

And to this day, I kept that promise. It's now 2 years later and we're in college, I'm wondering why I chose college as I'm looking at my home work sitting on my desk.

(Name) walks into my dorm, he stays in an apartment that his boyfriend brought it.

"Fuck me and college" he groaned flopping on my bed "you have a boyfriend, so no" I mumbled, he chuckle before I decided to cheat on this paper.