you're as good as your dad

Benny Rodriguez x Babe Ruth son reader

I swear I had a random ass thought about this

Reader POV

I was swinging balls at a baseball field I found very good in shape if I say so myself "hey, what are you doing here? " A red hair boy exclaimed at me "just swinging, don't worry if this your court, I just go and leave it be" I told them.

"Hey, how good are you? " A small boy asked "yeah, how good are you? " Someone repeated him "how good is this? " I said before tossing a ball up and hitting a home run.

"You may be good at batting but can you throw? " The red hair came back "let's find out" I said before getting out another ball as he went to bat.

I throw the ball with my dad's telling me what to do in my head "strike 1" A boy yelled as red missed, I throw again as he still missed "strike 2", I throw one more time " Out".

I smiled as red was mad "alright, you good at baseball" He declares "how about you play with us? " A cute boy came up to me and asked "it was fun but I got to get going" I said before walking out with my gear.

I head into the backyard of Mr. Mertle "good evening, Hercules" I said as I pass the dog, I realized I forgot my dad's baseball that my dad signed.

I was going to walk back until Mr Mertle told me do chores "okay" I said rushing into the house.

Benny POV

The boy left as I watch his leave, he was wearing Babe Ruth's signature jersey "wow" I whispered before we started playing, as we play, I realized he left his ball here.

"Guys" I said calling them over "Babe Ruth, don't miss me son, love dad" I read before we gasped "we met the real Babe Ruth's son" Ham said "surprising" I said with a smirk.

We play for a few but the ball was with me for until we left.

(Next day)

Reader POV

I run to the field to find the ball "where is it? " I said looking near the benches "are you missing this? " I heard behind me "yeah" I said as the cute boy from yesterday had my ball.

"I didn't expect to meet Babe Ruth's son" He said making me stop leaving "(name) Ruth" I said as I held my hand out "Benny Rodriguez" Benny said as we shook hands.

"Well, call me up if you want to play a game" I said handing over my house phone number.

"How about we play a game now? " He asked "I got time" I told him before the game started.

I was winning by a few points, I look at the ball before he threw it, I swing with all my might before running around the court as Benny went for the ball, I sat a half way from the home base.

"I'm just waiting on you " I told him as he ran back with the ball, I ran to the base before sliding "I win" I told him as he smile "you're as good as your dad" Benny said as I got close to him.

I haven't noticed how cute he looks sweating, I look at his lips as he put his arms around my waist.

"Benny! " The boys run up to us before we push each other away, they was panting heavily after stopping at Benny "umm.. God " They tried to talk as they was gasping for air.

"What is? " Benny asked for a quicker answer "we lost the ball" Ham said making Benny's eyes go wide "where? " "The beast! " They said pointing to the backyard.

"Oh, you mean Hercules" I said as they looked at me "Hercules! " They exclaimed "I live there, I can get it no biggie" I said as I was about to climb the fence "get down! " Was yelled before I hopped the fence.

"Hey, Hercules" I said as he tried to lick me "alright, I got to get back" I told him after grabbing the baseball with Benny name on it.

I hopped back over there as their eyes was filled with shocked "see Hercules don't mind" I said as I give the ball back to Benny "so, you going to play? " Benny asked "I got to head to the store" I said before walking out and heading to get a ball.

I sat on my bed with the ball before signing it "(name) Ruth, I love you" I put before going to the back yard and throwing it near Benny's feet.

I go back before he can look at me and continue doing my chores.

Benny POV

I pick the ball up and look at the fence to see nothing, we continue the game before we all was sweating, I walk home before looking more at the ball "(name) Ruth, I love you too" I said before falling asleep.

The end