at the military base part 3

Ravi from Jesssie x male reader

It's sad that I think that I getting a request everytime a wattpad notification comes up until seeing its just recommending books 😭

I think I edited the story good enough

Ravi POV
I look at Zuri and Jessie as they play tug of war with the tray filled with food.

I looked over at (name) to see him smile at me before looking over me and eye widening, I look beside me to see my siblings laughing at Jessie with food all over her.

I chuckle for a bit before looking at (name) and see him hiding his smile until the doors to the cafeteria open and his smile dropped, I look over to see a girl with red hair in a green dress smiling hard.

"Jessie! " She exclaimed in a preppy voice while walking towards my table.

"Jessie Prescott, is that you? " She said with her annoying high pitch voice, her words was followed with a high pitch giggle making Jessie turn around "I see you're still having trouble with your table manners" (Name) came up behind the girl.

"Hey Darla" Jessie forced a smile while wiping mashed potatoes off of her "nice to see you too" She said through clenched teeth.

"That's Darla! " Zuri exclaimed as we all was in shock "she doesn't look like a witch! " Jessie turned to Zuri "throw some water on her and we can send her home in a bucket" Jessie joked.

Jessie and Darla forced laughter as they locked eyes filled with hatred "I see you're still babysitting" Darla started up "what happened to that big acting career you was going to have? " She frowned as she asked.

"Darla" (Name) tried to stop her "shut it-" Darla stopped herself "I mean I'm talking to someone" I saw her mouth something to (name) before he looked at me and left.

Reader POV
I stromed out of the cafeteria as Darla threatened to ruin my repetition of being one of the most trusted and hard working person with the secret about me taking a liking into guys.

"Something is fucking wrong with her" I said as I went to my bed and lay down before hearing a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said as I get up from my misery "hey" I heard a weak voice come in, I look up to see Ravi "hey" I replied as he came forward towards me.

"What did she say? " He asked "I can't say" I answered looking down "well, that wasn't how I planned on this conversation" He mumbled.

"I wish that my aunt and Mr. Prescott wasn't getting married! " I exclaimed "and I wish that I was back in New York" He said "but something brought us together" He sat down next to me and put his hand on my thigh.

I look at him before I lean closer to him, I felt like at this moment we should kiss.

He came closer to me before I turned away "I got a class to attend" I said as I went to get my gym bag, I lead him outside "I see you later" I kiss his cheek before leaving him at my doorstep.

Jessie POV
5:00am, I walk in on the kids sleeping "aw" I pick up the trumpet before playing Reveille on it.

(I feel like the jokes are better on screen then written out or it's me being bad at writing)

Screams came from the bunk beds making Luke and Zuri fall off the top bunk "you have a snooze button because I will slap it silly! " Luke said while pushing Zuri feet out the way.

Zuri stands up "it's 5 am" She groaned "there better be presents under a tree or things will get ugly" She threatened, Ravi stepped out of bed and look at his younger sister.

Zuri scrunched up her face "uglier" Ravi turned to me as he touched his hair "welcome to my world" I said as I saw Zuri trying to hide from everyone.

"On an army base, we do morning calisthenics" I continued as I took the blanket off of Zuri "because when in Rome-" "When in Rome, I go shopping" Emma interrupted "not exercising!" She complained "only thing that sweats is my credit card" She rolled her eyes.

"Listen, I wanna show my dad that even though I didn't join the army, I'm still a good leader" I brush Zuri's hair down with my hands.

"So, your plan to look good in front of your father is for me to show off my athletic prowess? " Ravi asked for understanding "last week, he dislocated his shoulder lifting a glass of milk" Zuri look up at me.

I look over at Ravi to see him adjust his shoulder making me cringe "good point" I said "Ravi, stay in the back" I smiled at him.

Reader POV
I was walking to my army technology class when I saw Jessie and the kids with Mr. Prescott and his team doing push ups "ew, ew, ew! " Emma cringed at the wet grass on her hand.

Ravi fell getting a mouth full of grass, Jessie looked at the kids "guys, it's not that hard" She tried to reassure them "I think I just swallow a slug" Making me cringe "Jessie, is your squad asleep?" Mr. Prescott asked as I looked over at Luke to see him sleeping.

"No, they're just....taking cover in case of enemy attack" She tried to play it off, I saw Ravi look at me before trying to attempt at a push up.

Ravi POV
This is my chance to show off some athletic skills that may not exist in me to (name).

I went into the push up form that Jessie taught us before my arms gave out and I fell "I give up" I mumbled as I watch my brother, Luke, get kicked on the side to wake up by Jessie.

I look back over to (name) to see he is not there anymore.

(Skipping forward to running)

Jessie POV
"I don't know what I been told" I called out "exercise is getting old" The kids called back "good rhyme, bad attitude" We continue running. 

I saw Darla's step cousin on a bench writing in  notebook while we was running making me stop "hey, (name) " I greeted him making him look up "hi, Jessie" He smiled as he put away his notebook.

"What you up to?" I asked "just finishing the assignment my technology teacher gave us" He replied "so are you short one or was Emma able to leave early? " He asked making me look behind me to not see Emma.

"She was supposed to be behind me but I guess I will go back an get her" Ravi came out of nowhere "how about we leave her and continue our run? " He said as he nervously giggled "I'm definitely not winded out from the short run" He looked at (name) with red cheeks.

"Ravi, earlier, we ran for a minute before you was out of breath" Zuri said before he looked at her "well I should get going, enjoy yourself" (Name) said as he put his backpack on.

He looked at Ravi and winked before running off, it finally clicked "oooh, Ravi go a crush" Zuri and me teased Ravi before Luke rubbed Ravi's hair.

"All our got to do is impress him before finally asking him out" Luke said "brother, I'm not like you" He said "and can we just be friends while we spend time on the military base?" Ravi blushed hard.

"Nope" Zuri said before I told them to wait for me as I went to go get Emma.

To be continued

I'm getting roller skates tomorrow and I'm so fucking happy plus I realized how slow I am at writing when it comes to it.

Bye motherfuckers