Chapter 78

Hello and welcome to the final chapter.

Peppermint will be once again going through heavy editing. I was reading through some comments the other day and some people were complaining about how Y/N cries for no reason and I kind of agree.

However, I'd like you guys to understand that this is the first book that I ever completed. I also read through a couple of older chapters and realised that there are a few things that I mentioned once or twice before forgetting about it, hence another reason for editing.

I may add in or take out events as I see fit. 

'Hey, now that we've cleaned everything up, when should we get going?' As soon as 1A cleared the auditorium out, Shoto approached Y/N, who was typing away on her phone. The brunette turned around, looking up from her device. 

'Hm? Let's leave right away, just let me change out of this sweaty shirt. You probably should too. Oh, and I also need to stop by the florist nearby to pick up a bouquet. If that's okay with you?' 'Okay.' Shoto shrugged, holding out a hand that Y/N accepted happily. 'You know, I'm really lucky to have you.' She commented, swinging their interlaced hands gently as they strolled towards the dorms. 

The dual haired boy blushed a little, hiding his face with his elbow by feigning a couple of coughs. His girlfriend chuckled a little, giving his hand an affectionate squeeze. 'Still so shy after all this time, eh? Oh, hello.' The white cat, who had taken a liking to Y/N's ear scratches, purred as it nuzzled her legs. The girl cooed, bending down to pet the kitten.

'Everything seems so far away, doesn't it?' Shoto asked as he flopped lazily on Y/N's bed. 'It does.' The said girl hummed, leaning over the boy to refill the water in her vase of lilies, a gift from a nervous 'fan', whom Shoto did not approve of. The poor boy had nearly fainted out of fear when the dual haired one glared coldly at him. He'd shoved the flowers into Y/N's hand, flustered, before he scurried off. 'Get up, we should leave, if not we won't be able to get back before the sky darkens.'

'Right.'

...

'We're here.' Y/N grinned, pushing open the door to a cosy, well lit shop. A small silver bell jingled, and the fragrances of dozens of different kinds of flowers washed over Y/N and Shoto.

'Ah, Y/N dear! Your flowers are ready, here!' A cheery, round, brown haired woman with rosy cheeks bustled up to the couple as soon as they stepped into the small store. The woman gently bundled up a beautiful bouquet in dainty tissue and handed it over to the brunette. 'Dahlias to connote heaven and spirituality, lilies for the innocence and purity of her spirit, dark pink to symbolise your gratitude for everything she has done for you.'

'Thank you, Madame Nakamura.' 

Y/N bowed as much as she could without crumpling the flowers or the wrapping paper, and signalled for Shoto to hand the required amount of cash to her. Shoto, confused, followed through with her instructions, then followed cluelessly out of the florist.

The journey there was quiet, Y/N's one arm hugging the bouquet to her chest, the other in her pocket, where she fidgeted with her fingers nervously. Would Shoto think she was weird? 

When they reached the small graveyard, there was a deathly silence. Yui's grave lay before the two teenager's feet, the marble cleaned and scrubbed until it sparkled. It seemed to shine with a pearly glow in the humidity of the cemetery, the light shining a little brighter as the pair approached.

Y/N took a deep breath before she laid the bouquet down gently before the headstone. 'Sho, meet my mother, Yui L/N.' 

There was another minute of silence, before Shoto sank to his knees before the grave and brought his forehead down to the earth in a position of prayer and respect.

'It's nice to finally meet you, Mrs L/N. I'm Shoto Todoroki.'

It has been a truly wonderful journey with you guys. 

I'm really sorry for the short chapter, I should be giving out quality chapters given my long hiatus

but this was the only suitable ending I could think of