Chapter 26

I plan to do oneshots about Y/N and her friends' lives as Pros in another book. Please check it out, and thank you so, so much for 625 reads! It honestly means the world to me, I truly hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I enjoy writing it.

'I've got mine too!' Kirishima declared, striding up to the front. 'The Sturdy Hero. My name is Red Riot!' 'Red Riot? Interesting. You were inspired by the chivalrous hero Crimson Riot, yes?' Midnight guessed, making Kirishima scratch the back of his head. 'Yeah. He may be kind of old school, but someday I wanna be just like he was. Crimson is my idol.' 'Hm.' Midnight smiled, looking Kirishima dead in the eye. 'If you're bearing the name of someone you admire, you have that much more to live up to.' Kirishima grinned confidently. 'I accept the challenge.'

'L/N? Have you thought of a hero name yet?' Midnight asked. 'Sure.' Y/N muttered, standing up and walking up to the podium. She flipped over her card, and her classmates gasped in shock. On it was written in neat, tidy handwriting- Yui

'That's a very plain name. Are you sure you want that to be your hero name? Actually, now that I think of it, you remind me of Yui Aikawa, who passed on in a fire seven years ago. Not just your looks, but your attitude as well. She was quite well known for being Endeavor's sidekick. I used to look up to her as a child.' Midnight commented, looking at Y/N in confusion. 'You're a very capable and talented student. Why choose such an ordinary hero name? How about something fancier? Say, Mystique, for example?'

Y/N smiled wistfully, glancing out at the sky and shaking her head slightly. 'Yui Aikawa was my mother.' 

The class gasped. 'No wonder she stated that she didn't know what happened in that fire during her speech in the prize presentation that day!' 'I knew she looked familiar that day she stepped into the classroom!' 'Ah, so that's where she got her good looks from.' 'She looks almost like an exact copy of her mum.'

'I chose her name as my alias as a tribute to her memory. She was fighting to make this world a safer place for us to live in and ultimately did not hesitate to sacrifice herself. This is my way of reminding people that there are individuals out there who will fight until the end, no matter the situation or circumstance. I hope that one day hearing this name will bring peace to citizens. Mystique is a nice and interesting name, but it will never mean as much to me.'

Midnight blinked at Y/N for a second before regaining her composure. 'Of course. Simple, yet sweet and emotional. I like it!'

'Aw man! How does someone even come up with something so deep? I still haven't thought of anything cool enough yet!' Kaminari groaned as Y/N made her way back down the aisle. 'Hey, I've got one. How does Jamming-yay sound to you?' Jiro asked, tapping her boyfriend on the shoulder.

'Oh, it's like Hemingway who wrote A Farewell To Arms, right? Real clever, I like it!'

'No...' Jiro giggled. 'It's because even though you're powerful, you always... jam your brain and go 'yay'...' She laughed and ran up to the front while Kaminari yelled at her. 'Oh come on, Jiro! Stop messing with me!' 'The Hearing Hero. I'm... Earphone Jack!' Jiro declared, presenting her hero name to the class. 'Now that's a good one!' Midnight commented.

Next, it was Shoji's turn. 'The Tentacle Hero, Tentacole.' 'Oh!' Midnight cried. 'I like what you're doing with that. A nice portmanteau.' Then, it was Sero's turn. 'The Taping Hero, Cellophane.' 'Now that's something new, good one!' Midnight complimented, making Sero blush red.

'The Martial Arts Hero, Tailman.'

'I'm the Sweets Hero, Sugarman!'

'Pinky!' Mina yelled, still rather ticked at the fact that her first name was rejected.