Chapter 32

'Calling Ochaco, aren't you?' Y/N teased as she toyed with Shoto's messy hair as he laid in her lap. Izuku blushed and began stuttering. 'Is that Y/N in the background?' Ochaco's voice rang out from the speaker. 'Uh... yeah.' Izuku mumbled, 'Do you want to talk to her? I'll put you on speaker mode.'

Click. 'Y/N! How are you? I was so worried!' Ochaco cried. 'I'm fine, thanks for asking. The hospital's boring though. All I do is eat, sleep and have the nurses check up on me. At this rate, I'm going to gain five kilograms!' She whined. 'Well, you could always call Yaoyorozu and Jiro.' 'I'll call them later.' Y/N sighed, yawning. 'See you in school, Ochaco.'

'Oh um... yeah! I've got to go.' The phone line went flat. 'Why are your hands trembling?' Shoto noted as Izuku hands shook. 'Its because he just called his crush!' Y/N giggled, conjuring a sphere of water which she tossed around like a softball. 'Says the one who's in a relationship.' Izuku retorted desperately, nervously pocketing his phone. 'Ah, but I don't shake when I call Sho, do I?'

'It was like she was whispering in my ear...' Izuku muttered. 'Aw...' Y/N grinned, vapourising the water with a casual wave. 'You like her, admit it.' Just then, Iida walked in. 'I just got my test results.' His tone was heavy. 'My left hand... might have damage that's permanent.'

Y/N gasped. 'What?'

'Both my arms were pretty torn up.' Iida explained as he caressed his bandages. 'But the injury to my left arm was especially severe. The damage was to my brachial plexus, which just means... I'll have trouble moving my fingers and my hand might have some numbness. Apparently there's a chance it could be healed with some nerve transplant surgery.' He lowered his head. 'When I came across the Hero Killer, I stopped thinking rationally. The first thing I should've done was call Manual, but I got lost in my own anger. I hate him so much, but I can't deny he spoke the truth. That's why, until I'm able to call myself a real hero, I'll leave my left hand as it is.'

'Are you sure?' Shoto questioned, turning to Iida. 'Iida, I feel the same way.' Izuku butted in, looking at his scarred hand. 'Let's get stronger, together.' Iida looked taken aback for a slight moment but nodded soon after. They were interrupted by the sound of Y/N pouring water. Hearing the silence, she turned around. 'Sorry.' She smiled sheepishly as she began drinking. 'But cheesy moments make me thirsty.'

'I feel... kind of bad.' Shoto spoke up, looking down at his hands. 'About what?' Izuku asked curiously, looking at the heterochromatic teen. 'Whenever I'm involved, someone's hand gets all messed up. Is something wrong with me? Am I cursed?' Y/N, hearing this, sneezed and began laughing. 'Cursed?' She snorted,  giggling so hard that the jug of water on the table exploded. 'Oh no...' The brunette laughed even harder, glancing at the broken shards.

Slowly, the boys joined in as well. 'Todoroki! I didn't know you had a sense of humour!'

'This isn't a joke.' Shoto complained. 'I'm like the hand crusher or something.' His peers and girlfriend, however, only began sniggering harder. 'The hand crusher!' Y/N gasped for breath, holding her stomach. 'That should be your hero name! Help, great hero Hand Crusher, please save me!' She imitated someone calling for help in between large gulps for air.

'The hand crusher!' The boys echoed, cackling. Shoto sighed, looking to Y/N for help. The girl froze for a moment, staring at him, but soon dissolved into a laughing puddle on the ground again.

...

'Y/N and I are returning to our internship.' Shoto announced on the fifth day. 'Back to your dad's agency?' Izuku quizzed, looking up from his phone. 'I still wanna learn everything I can from him.' He explained as Y/N pulled her blazer over her blouse. 'And he has yet to tell me about charmspeak.' Y/N grumbled, accepting her bag from Shoto. 'Will you be fine on your own, Izuku?'