Chapter 55

We hit 10k! Thank you for all the love and support you've given this book <3

Is there anything you guys want me to do as a 10k special?

'Begin!'

Y/N bolted out as soon as she heard that word, using her advantage in speed to get to the nearest urban area. 

'We'll work as a team as much as possible!' The brunette heard Iida faintly yell, but she was way ahead of them. Using a wave of water, she adjusted the position of several boulders and pieces of debris, revealing a young girl trapped underneath, bawling her lungs out.

'Hey, hey, hey. Stop crying, it's fine. Can you breathe well?' Y/N widened her eyes, kneeling over the girl's small frame. The small blonde hiccuped but nodded. 'Where are you hurt?' Y/N cleared another piece of debris so that the girl could lie down properly. 'My head hurts.' She whimpered, clutching at it.

'Okay, okay.' Y/N hushed the girl, gripping onto her wrists. 'Don't touch it, alright?'

'L/N!' The brunette heard Iida yell, but she ignored him and focused on the task at hand. 'You'll be fine, you hear me?' Y/N reassured as she cleaned the fake injury with her quirk. 'There's not much I can do for you, but I can assure that you'll live, you understand?'

The girl nodded, before cackling. 'You're good at this, girl. You would make a good hero.' 'Thanks.' Y/N blushed, standing up. 'Stay here, alright?' She instructed as she ran off to find and rescue more people.

'Hey!' She waved to her classmates as she jogged by. 'You can bring the casualties over there. I cleared out the land, it's stable. You can administer first aid over there! I'm headed to the river, anyone with me?' 'I'll join you.' Tsuyu volunteered, hopping after the girl. 'Me too.' Shoto followed, as did Hagakure.

'Y/N, over there!' Hagakure called out to Y/N who was already kneeling on the muddy banks of the river, a hand in the water and her eyes closed. A wave ripped up gracefully, sweeping a boy into Y/N's arms. 'Got you.' She smiled, setting him onto solid ground. 'I'll make sure he's fine.' She commanded. 'Shoto, warm him up. Hagakure, gather firewood. Tsu, go find more casualties. We'll use this place as a temporary first aid and bring them all together to the evacuation site later.'

...

A blast rang through the air. 'What's happening?' Y/N cried as she resurfaced from underwater, her brown hair plastered to her forehead. 'A villain has completed another large scale attack. Terrorists have appeared and have begun to sweep the area.' 'Hold on.' Y/N frowned as she sat waist deep in water. 'Someone who shouldn't be here is present. This must be part of the test, to get us to rescue and fight at the same time.'

'Heroes who are on the scene will continue having to rescue the civilians while fending off the newly arrived villains.'

'We still have a lot of bystanders to rescue.' Tsuyu noted as she joined Y/N. 'We can't just ignore them and fight the villains alone.' 'I know that.' Shoto replied, his back turned to the two girls. 'Wait, where are you going?' Y/N cried as the dual haired boy suddenly ran off. 'I'll be back.' Shoto replied, not even turning around.

...

'You blocked me so you'd get all the glory!'

'What are you both fighting about? Grow up!' Y/N, who had run after Shoto, appeared above the pile of debris. A wave brought her down safely as she surveyed the scene in front of her. 'Crap. Our quirks clash.' She mumbled, looking back up, eyes focused onto Gang Orca. 'I have no idea what grudge you both hold against each other, but this is no time to fight!' She yelled, roundhouse kicking a 'terrorist' in the face and running off to help at the first aid station.

'This has everything to do with your cold blooded father!' Inasa bellowed as soon as Y/N's swishing brown hair was nowhere to be seen. 'To me, heroes should be full of passion. They bring hope and inspiration to people, with a fire burning in their hearts. They care! It was a shock to meet your father because all I could see in his eyes was an insatiable anger aimed at the entire world. And then, at the entrance exam, I saw you and I knew who you were immediately. Because when I said hello, your eyes were the same as his.'

'You think we're the same?' Shoto demanded. 'Don't be ridiculous. You're a fool. I'm nothing like him.'

'You and your father are the only heroes I cannot accept. You don't deserve the title, understand? Y/N L/N is your girlfriend, correct? You should be more like her, with her love for everyone and everything. I could tell the moment I sat down next to her. Now move!' Inasa directed another burst of wind the same time Shoto sent a stream of fire.

The two elements deflected each other, Shoto's fire heading in the direction of someone helpless.

'I told you both to stop fighting.' A feminine voice interrupted as Y/N dragged Yo Shindo out of the way, countering Shoto's flames with a steady flow of cold water. 'What the hell are you both doing?' She hollered, gesturing at Shindo. 'You almost killed him!'

'Hey, you okay?' She shut off the geyser spilling from her hands, dropping down next to a stunned Shindo. The brunette studied the scene in front of her sharply, eyes drawn to a bunch of Gang Orca's sidekicks. 'Maybe I can take down a few of them.' 'What are you doing?' Shindo questioned as the girl pulled out a tube of potassium, rolling the delicate glass between her fingers.

'For now? Get you to safety.' She replied crispy, summoning a wave that sent him on his way. Gang Orca's sidekicks began charging after the evacuated people, thus playing right into Y/N's hands. Racing forward desperately, the girl managed to make it as far as she needed. As quickly as her raw, scraped fingers allowed her to, Y/N dug ten small holes, popped open the caps on the thin, glassy test tubes and slot them inside. After making sure she was a safe distance away from the potassium, the silver eyed girl flicked her wrist and ten small orbs of water spilt neatly into the holes.

Loud explosions shook the ground. Chunks of dirt were torn apart as the potassium reacted violently to the water, cutting off the advancing troops. 'Let's fight them off together?' Y/N heard a few voices behind her. Turning, she saw Ojiro, Izuku and Shindo behind her. The girl smiled as she wiped a bead of sweat from her brow. 

'Yeah, let's.'