Chapter 16

In the spectators' stand, a certain flame hero tapped the shoulder of a raven haired man sitting in the crowd. The man turned and faced Endeavor, a guarded look on his face. 

'Enji.' He greeted with a simple nod of his head, expression tense.

'Riku. I have a question for you.'

'What is it?' The black haired male replied, hatred written across his face. 'In private.' Endeavor requested and began to walk away. Riku hesitantly got out of his seat and followed after the pro hero with his heart in his throat. They stopped in a deserted corridor, Endeavor turning to face Riku. What he said next dropped a bomb on Riku's head.

'I want your daughter to marry my son.'

'W... what?' Riku stuttered, hands falling limply to his side. 'My darling daughter? Marry... your son?'

'Your daughter is Y/N L/N, correct?' Endeavor cocked his head. 'And her mother is my late sidekick, Yui Aikawa, yes?' Forcing down the lump in his throat, Riku nodded. 'I've observed her from afar. She's got an excellent, powerful quirk and will be compatible with my son's. She seems rather attached to my Shoto anyway.' 'First my wife, now my daughter?' Riku hissed, anger burning across his features. 'When will you learn how to stop, Enji?'

'Do you have a choice?' A dangerous gleam flashed in Endeavor's eyes. 'I was the one who got you Yui as a wife, after all. You'd said that day that you owed me a life favour until the day you died.' Riku licked his dry, chapped lips. 'I recall perfectly well, Enji. But my term was to keep away from my daughter and not involve her.'

'Do you really want me to reveal to the poor girl why you wanted Yui so badly as a wife?' Endeavor hissed. 'Do you really want me to expose the fact that you'd wanted Yui so you'd have a child with both your quirks? Do you want her to know that she was just a result of an unloving marriage? Do you want her childhood impression of a loving family to be shattered right in front of your eyes? That is was all just an act? That you abused her behind the girl's back?'

Endeavor continued mercilessly. 'Are you really willing to risk her finding out about the fact that the day I left Yui in the flames, it was on your orders?'

'Your children are of the same story.' Riku retorted, a bead of sweat sliding down the side of his face. He swallowed nervously as Endeavor's face darkened. 'Rather slap them with the harsh truth than comfort them with a beautiful lie, Riku. My Shoto hates me. But Y/N L/N loves you dearly. She practically worships you. Do you want to burst her bubble? If so, go ahead. Destroy her childhood. As harsh as I am on Shoto, as heartless as I may be, I would never do that to my boy. If not, then you will do as I say.'

'Very well.' Riku gulped. 'I will do as you say.'

'Good.' A victorious smile spread across Endeavor's face. Riku's heart dropped into his tattered shoes. He was just as selfish as Endeavor was. If not, even more. 'At least Enji's children didn't live a lie,' He thought. 'They were made clear what they were in his eyes, even though they might hate him for it.'

His hands shook as he sent his beloved daughter a text.

Sweetie, meet me outside the stadium in fifteen minutes, during the lunch break. Bring Shoto Todoroki. Love, Papa.

Riku L/N felt filthy. He felt unworthy of being the father of such a sweet, loving girl. Her heart, as pure and as clean as it was, was about to be polluted by her own, toxic father. He felt empty as he typed the word 'love'.

Meanwhile, Y/N L/N was busy confronting Izuku Midoriya with Shoto.

'So, you guys brought me here. Now what?' Izuku asked rather timidly as his two classmates stood in front of him, their faces covered by shadows as they leaned against the wall, giving both Y/N and Shoto intimidating looks, especially with their somewhat angry expressions. Y/N studied the boy in silence. She wasn't angry at all, to be honest.