Chapter 5

'You seem to have had a difficult childhood, Shoto. I want to help you with it. But I can't if you don't allow it.' Y/N removed her hand. 'Well... My stop is here. Good night Shoto.' The girl inclined her head and gave Shoto a wistful smile, her hair spilling over her shoulders in a beautifully dark, rich blanket, the lack of light making it seem more inky than it actually was. She waved and walked off, the darkness consuming her slim figure. 'Dad? I'm home!' Shoto heard her yell faintly.

'Dad? I'm home!' Y/N yelled as she slammed open the door. 'Y/N! What took you so long? How was your day at school?' Riku L/N came out of the dimly lit room. 'Oh, Papa! My day was great! I took so long because I waited for one of my friends. He injured himself during training today. I'm sorry I worried you, Papa.' The brunette blurted out in one breath, hugging her father. 'Your dinner's on the table sweetie. Do you want me to heat it up for you?' 

'No need, Papa. Thank you for cooking for me. It's always a privilege to eat a home-cooked meal.' Y/N sat down at the rickety table, wolfing down the ramen that had gone cold. 'So, sweetie, what happened at school today?' Riku asked, sitting down in front of his daughter who was stuffing her face. 'Well, we did indoor battle training today. This classmate of mine, Izuku Midoriya got himself beat up. Not a very wise move on his part. I got paired up with this boy called Shoto Todoroki. He's really cool and powerful! He has this awesome quirk called half cold half hot, but he hardly uses his left side. We were the hero team and we won! In minutes!' Riku beamed affectionately as his daughter rambled on and on about the things she was passionate about. 'Y/N, sweetie, you're gonna grow and be a great hero, just like your mum.' Y/N's eyes widened at these words. 'Do you think so?' 

Riku smiled tiredly. 'I know so. Someone as kind as you will definitely be successful in life.' The girl's silver eyes filled with happy tears. 'Thank you, Papa.' 'Good night sweetie.' Riku ruffled his daughter's soft brown hair and slumped off to bed. 'She reminds me so much of Yui... People like her always end up getting hurt the most. I hope she stays strong.'

...

'Today me, All Might and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you. You'll be dealing with natural disasters like Tsunamis, Landslides and Earthquakes. What you're wearing in this exercise is up to you. You can choose to wear your costumes, but keep in mind that they might limit your abilities because you're not used to them yet.' Aizawa lectured as he clicked on the remote. The lockers slid neatly out of their slots once more, as the 1A students bounced on the edge of their seats in excitement. 'This training centre is off faculty, so we'll be taking to get there. That's all, start getting ready.' Aizawa left the classroom and the class scrambled to collect their costumes.

'Deku? Why are you wearing your PE clothes? Where's your hero costume at?' Ochaco asked curiously when she realised that Izuku was the only one in his PE outfit. 'You saw what happened that day... It's still kinda trashed. I'm still waiting on the support company to fix it up.' Izuku explained sheepishly.

'I have a bad feeling about today's training...' Y/N commented casually as she flopped next to Shoto, who was sitting on a bench. 'What do you mean?' Shoto asked, eyes narrowed. 'I feel like something's gonna go wrong.' She replied with a yawn as she stretched to pop her back.

'Gather round, Class 1A!' Iida blew into his whistle sharply, the crisp sound echoing through the silent morning air. 'Using your student numbers, form two neat lines to board the bus efficiently!' He yelled, waving the class over as he did his signature hand gestures.

'It's such a spacious bus, Iida. You need to chill.' Someone yelled from one of the window seats once they had settled themselves into the seats. The said boy blushed, hiding his face behind his hands in embarrassment as he sulked silently at having his plans trashed. 

...

Y/N closed her eyes as soon as she boarded the bus and let sleep overtake her senses. She let her body sway with the momentum of the moving bus and landed on someone's shoulder, soon falling into a deep sleep.

Shoto stiffened when he felt something land on him gently. Turning his head slightly, he saw a mass of brown hair nestled on his shoulder peacefully. Y/N had fallen asleep on him. He sighed and relaxed his shoulder to allow the exhausted girl to sleep in a more comfortable position. He heard her sigh in content and resisted the urge to stroke her curls.

'Look! Y/N's sleeping on Todoroki's shoulder! Isn't that cute?' Ochaco, who was sitting with Momo, squealed. 'They are pretty cute...' Momo admitted. 'Oh my gosh! Look at Y/N!' Mina screeched at the same time, pointing at the brunette. Stirring, Y/N muttered, 'Did someone say something?' 'Ochaco jumped up. 'No, no. Go back to your sleep.'

'What did you say? I'll kick your ass!' Bakugo suddenly yelled, causing the girl to jerk up and look around wildly. 'What's going on? Where are we? What happened?' 'Y/N, Todoroki's shoulder must be a comfortable pillow for you, right?' Ochaco teased. 'Huh?' Y/N asked, rubbing her eyes to get the sleep out of them. 'You were sleeping on his shoulder.' Momo mocked, a playful smile on her face. 'Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!' Y/N faced Shoto, a blush coating her cheeks.

'It's fine.' Shoto muttered, turning away. A funny, jumpy feeling was present in his gut. Though not very strong, he knew that it was because of Y/N. 'What is this feeling? What are you doing to me, Y/N?' He thought, sneaking a glance at the brunette beauty next to him, her cheerful smile plastered on her face as usual.

'Hello, everyone! I've been waiting for you.' 

Y/N gasped. 'Is that Thirteen? The famous space hero?' She jumped up and down in ecstasy. 'Shoto, it's Thirteen!' She screamed, clutching onto Shoto's arm. 'I see that.' He couldn't help but smile a little at Y/N's childlike behaviour. 'You should do that more.' The girl noted, studying the heterochromatic boy's face.

'Do what?'

'You should smile more. You look adorable when you smile.' Y/N grinned.

Thirteen led the class in. Everyone exclaimed. 'I call this the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, but you can call it the USJ!' 'Uh... I always thought that stood for Universal Studios Japan, but okay.' Someone commented, making everyone burst out into cheerful giggles.

The class watched in curiosity as Aizawa appeared to discuss something with Thirteen, who was holding up three fingers. '... That man is the height of irresponsibility.' Aizawa grumbled, glaring at the sky, as though it had cursed him. 'What?' Y/N furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. 

'Before we begin, let me just say one thing, maybe two. Or three, four, possibly five.' Thirteen, after sorting out her matters with Aizawa, addressed the class.

The class groaned in unison. 'We get it...'

'So, I'm sure you're all aware that I have a powerful quirk. It's called Black Hole. I can use it to suck up anything and turn it into dust.' Y/N giggled as Ochaco repeatedly nodded her head. 'But my quirk can also be very easily used to kill. Some of you also have powers that could be dangerous. In our superhero society, all quirks are certified and strictly regulated. We often overlook how unsafe they could actually be. Please don't forget that if you lose focus or if you make the wrong move, your powers could be deadly, even if you're trying to do something courageous like rescuing someone.'

'Thanks to Aizawa's fitness tests, you have a solid idea of your quirk's potential. And because of All Might's combat training, you've likely experienced how dangerous your powers can be when used against other people. Carry over those lessons to this class. Today, you're going to use your quirks to save people's lives. You won't be using your powers to attack enemies or each other, only to help. After all, that's what being a hero is all about- ensuring the safety of others. That's all I have to say, thank you all for listening.'

'Right. Now that that's over-' A sliver of electricity ran across the lights, turning them off. Y/N frowned. 'Something's wrong.' She murmured, unconsciously huddling into Shoto's side. The fountain dried up. A purple mist like spiral appeared on the fountain, gradually growing bigger. It suddenly blasted in all directions.

A pale hand reached out. 'Shoto... is that what I think it is?' Y/N whispered. Shoto narrowed his eyes. 'Villains. What are they doing here?'

'Stay back!' Aizawa's voice rang out. 'This is real. Those are villains.'