Chapter 21

Kirishima and Tetsutetsu ended drawing after beating the shit out of each other. 'What's happening? Why is there so much noise?' Shoto groaned, sitting up and surveying the scene in front of him with half lidded eyes. Y/N whistled. 'Well, won't you look at that, Sleeping Beauty finally decided to wake up.' 'Tsk.' Shoto tutted, admiring at the brunette girl who was staring intently at the big plasma screen. 'Bakugo and Ochaco are about to begin their match.' Y/N answered shortly, pursing her lips. 'I'm worried about Ochaco. Bakugo won't go easy on her. He wants this victory just as bad as us.'

'Oh well... You can't make it far if you're too weak-hearted. I'm going to the waiting room to prepare, you coming?'

'What's the point of having me come along? My match is after yours.' Y/N cocked her head, looking curiously at the hand that was offered to her. 'Fine. Be an ass and ignore your future fiance.' He pouted, getting up. 'You cheeky little candy cane.'  Y/N faked anger, putting her hands on her hips and glaring at him playfully. 'Hmph.' Shoto turned his head away. 'Am not a candy cane.'

'If you say so.'

A loud crash sounded behind her. Y/N squeaked in surprise, scurrying after Shoto. 'This match is way too violent. Therefore, on second thought, I'll come.' 'I knew it.' Shoto smirked, stopping in his tracks.

...

'Uraraka is K.O.ed. Bakugo moves on to the second round.'

'K.O.ed is an interesting choice of words. You'd think Ochaco was weak or something.' Y/N muttered, observing the fight from the small television in player room number one. 'And that's it for the first round! Man, I was really rooting for her...' Y/N tore her eyes away from the screen. 'You're up next after Tetsutetsu and Kirishima decide the winner among themselves, right?'

'Yeah.' Shoto replied, stretching.

'Well...' Y/N whispered, walking up to him and straightening his collar for him. 'In that case, good luck.' She smiled, kissing Shoto on the cheek gently before waving and leaving the room. Just then, she heard Midoriya cry out. 'Uh... Endeavor?' Y/N stilled. 'Do Endeavor and my nasty father have a habit of stalking people in the waiting rooms or what?' She sighed, opening the door and stepping out.

'It is my Shoto's duty to surpass All Might as the number one hero. And his match with you will be a good testing ground to see how much training he has left. Don't disgrace yourself or him by holding back.' 'Goodness. this man's just about to give Izuku a heart attack.' Y/N thought, jogging up to him. 'Hey, Deku?' 

He paused and turned around. 'Y/N?' 

'Do you know any other girls with brown hair and silver eyes? Anyway, I came to wish you luck. Do you best, okay? Sho's not an easy opponent.' Y/N grinned cheekily, pulling Izuku into a hug. 'Th... thanks, Y/N.' Izuku pulled away, smiled and walked onto the battlefield, head held high.

'L/N.' Endeavor's voice penetrated the silence. 'Why come and wish this boy luck instead of Shoto?'

'Because.' Y/N clenched her fists, slowly turning around. 'I already did. Besides, it's my match next, and I'm in waiting room two. I'll be taking my leave now if you don't mind. I can't and won't miss a single second of Sho's match. I suggest you observe the fight as well. It's rude to not watch.' Y/N spat, slamming shut the door of waiting room number two.

'I can feel the anticipation in the stadium! And that tells us that the first match of the second round is gonna be... epic! It's the guy who totally crushed his last round and literally left half the crowd frozen! From the Hero Course, it's Shoto Todoroki! And this kid barely won his first matchup but showed us some impressive moves! Also from the Hero Course, Izuku Midoriya!'